• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Flamers.... check this one out!

91W350

A local body man bought this old Blazer to get a 4x4 chassis for his 1959 Chevy Pickup. The truck ran good and was not nearly as rough as he heard, so he painted it for a season or two of hunting. When I saw it go by at a quartering angle, I thought it was a M1009, it is not, just an old gasser.... Kind of cool though..

Attachments

91W350

They are using it for a shop truck now, it should not be too hard to catch again. I am thinking I should have my M1009 flamed when I get it home. It is Rod Harding, Classic Auto Body, here in Salina. He does most of the really nice ghost and flames around here. I will try to swing by there tomorrow.

91W350

I made two trips by there and missed it both times. I will try again tomorrow for a hood shot or two.

Who 'ya callin' a "flamer"??

I guess everybody that had to read the thread.. 8^)

91W350

I missed him twice yesterday too. I am leaving on a 1800 mile journey this morning in my M1008. I should be back late Sunday night. I will try to catch the ever so popular shop truck on Monday. I think all of his employees get a kick out of driving the old turd. :-D Glen

boomer

Hi Glen,
I just got back from a trip, myself. It wasn't as many miles as yours, and I took one of my civilian trucks. Have a safe trip. You'll get him this time.
Boomer

91W350

Thanks Boomer. We ran a little over 700 milers yesterday. Changed plans and only plan to do about Zd0 today. It was 55 mph and 17 mpg. Harder than I like to drive them. It did great though.

boomer

Hi Glen,
Glad you're back. My first cucv was a 1008. I took that on the interstate once, and at 55mph, those gears were sure winding out. Some months later, I wound up on the fast lanes, again. This time, there was no whinning noise, and I was able to get it close to 70.
It just needed some exercise.

91W350

Mine will run right up to 75, but it is flat howling. I generally try to stay under 50. I drove it 1250 miles yesterday and today, would have gone farther, but I got rained out. Glen

Attachments

Last edited: