• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

flipping the rim over

junkyardog

on my last post on getting my tires on. some of you guys recomend i flip the rim in the rear. would i have to flip the studs around that hold the rim together also.then turn the valve stem also. would that be a strain on the studs that hold the tire to the truck.i spent a lot of money to have them mounted. i do understand what you are saying about being tippy but im going to plow snow. but i would like the truck to look normal. alltho the owner never will be normal.

Attachments

MilitaryRestoration

not sure if it would be a strain but no you should not have to flip the studs. When i get home ill try to post a picture of what it looks like when they are flipped and the studs on those wheels are not flipped

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The wheels have the tapered area for the thimble/nut on both sides of the rim. If you don't use the thimbles, you can use the same lug nuts as the front uses, on the rear