• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Florida Round Up...

devilman96

and...

Attachments

devilman96

AND!!!!

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice pics Mike. Hope Chuck can get some of the pics from the Pinz fellers. BTW, ordered a new hi-lift jack from Summit today.

alphadeltaromeo

Kenny - tell me a lil more about that hi-lift jack and how it was used.

Mike...great job on the pics! That swamp looked incredibly messy...oooooo...but it did look like ya'll had a blast. You've surely shown us GA boys how to run a great show. I think we have our work cut out for us now...hmm...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Andy, as you can see in the pics, we lined up the dogbone with the stud but we couldn't pound it on because of the rubber. I used the hi lift to press it on so that we could booger it in place to get me home. All the hardcore off roaders use them. I had one but lost track of it many years ago. They are quite useful for a lot of things.

devilman96

Yep them highlifts are a must but ya forget how useful they are if ya get out of the off roading crowd for long... I had a really nice jeep mount devised for those some time ago... I think its time to revamp that for deuce's.

Chuck emailed me these pics this AM from his camera... Like Kenny said hopefully the Pinz guys will email us some of the video from the weekend but I think we might'a talked some of the "Pinz guys" into the SS family which means our Pinz and Mog forums will get a much needed boost... All were a great bunch of guys and would be solid addition to the family of owners and fabricators!!!! I am sure I didn't get the whole scope of things but it looks like Rick and Renee are very much into modding, building, project type stuff which everyone on the forum loves to see...

Something I forgot to mention in my post last night... MANY people very much did their part in helping out (I was feeling very over whelmed at times) so a BIG thank you for the winching, strapping, running, fetching, set up, tearing down, clean up, sign repair, lantern lighting and turning off, etc, etc, etc... and or bringing out additional stuff, beer, ice, PEACH COBBLER! etc... and to Chuckles for dragging out the expensive toys like that Stoner, everyone loves a sweet machine gun! Not to forget fire walking for entertainment! :shock: (Al how's his foot doing?)

I did very gratefully accepted Lane's offer on home made maple syrup (could NEVER pass that up!!!)

Also... a big thanks from everyone to my father whom so graciously allowed and buch of rift raft to come out to his little place of peace and quite in the country and make a rutted up mess out of it! [thumbzup] :driver: :beer: :mrgreen: :jumpin: :lol: :shock: :cookoo:

I really hope we can turn this into a "Florida Annual" or maybe even a "Southern Annual".... but I think the GA boys will have something to say about that! :roll: I say game on because planning is in the works...

Some suggestions were made... Port'a crappers and some more property clean up for accommodations, a welding station and /or shop repair truck on site is going to be a must, more formal shooting area (and more machine guns)... I need to talk to the powers at work in SS about setting up for a week long property lease (for liability, NOT for monetary purposes) and insurance... Next time the pig roast is on reguardless of RSVP and a few more signs posted would be a good idea all though I dont think we lost anyone (which I was VERY worried about)!!! ... and PLEASE if anyone has any suggestions and or ideas (good or bad) throw them at me, I really need the feed back...

Attachments

devilman96

and more...

Attachments

devilman96

last ones...

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike, I'm in for next year. I'm done making babies so I can plan for the entire weekend next year. I really want to get in on setting up and striking everything for the event. We might even be able to outfit my semi trailer as an informal shop trailer. The event was great for a first go and will be much better for the second event. We need to stress that this is not only an MV event but a fellowship and off road event as well with a range day to boot. Those without MVs should be encouraged to attend as should 4x4s and ATVs. Portaheads would keep the dogs cleaner and maybe one of the 250 gallon totes with water would be an addition. I also think that this should regarded as a Winter event moreso than a Florida event. You've got a really good thing going and folks should take advantage of this. Just keep it primitive.Lovin' it!

citizensoldier

great first show

I think it was a very good first start and would travel to Florida from Michigan again next year to go.. It gets me out of the weather and I can visit family while here. I will need to bring some OD iron with me though.
You did a great job Mike I know how much work it is. I have participated in events that have been going on for 10 years and are far less organized than this one, so cudos to you! I only wish I was feeling better to help out more and could have stayed around. Next year will be even better. I do agree that maybe if you moved it a little bit north you could suck in more snowbirds and some of them GA boys..

greybird

Mike,

Thank you for all the hospitality! Thoroughly enjoyable weekend!And the food was great...I couldn't get the kids to eat what we brought.

On the way out we stopped at Hardees, Adam commented that the hamburgers there weren't nearly as good as yours, which is amazing for him.

My kids and I really enjoyed it, even if they �didn't want to go camping�

Thank you again for a great time, and dog stories to tell for years to come!

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Al, it was great to finally meet you in person. Hope Adams foot is feeling better. My Jonathan had a blast hanging out with Adam and Andrew. Darned glad you made it over! Hey Mike, I kinda liked having the little remote camping areas and a large commons area. Tellin you guys, I had a blast! Next year I'll get JW4x4 down here to drive one of my trucks up.

Boelt63A

Mike,

Thanks for posting my pics. I know some of the Pinz guys will be grabbing them.

The Florida Rally was as great a success as your truck has been. As you well know I needed a break, and this was just what the Doctor ordered. Have to agree with Kenny about a dog wash station though. Renee would have liked that more than any of us; and If I make Chili next year you could charge a quarter for every washed dog! :drool:

Chuck

devilman96

The pic below is from Ray (rjwj) out of the back of a pinz ... It really shows what a Pinz is capable of from a on board perspective! Amazing little vehicles!

Ditto ditto and ditto... Much agreed on most everything, especially primitive!

Ok so we call it Winter Treffen? lol... I guess next years US iron turn out will determine that! Kenny and I both kept saying over and over nether of us would have guessed there were THAT many pinz in FL!!!

Kenny if you don't mind clearing out the van body for the ordeal that would be a great thing to have set up. I can toss in my Mig, Tig and Gen set in... not to mention gear and transport for everything else.

I had a "well point" in the ground at one time or another out there, might be time to rethink doing that over again v/s the water tote (easier, less equipment, less limitations on supply)... Not THAT hard to put in... One really needs to be out there anyways...

Picking up a GP medium (or two) is going to be a must have also...

I would like to work out the shooting range thing on a more "official" basis, I have the perfect person in mind for the duty but we will see if he is up to the task... *hint hint hint* Insurance and liability acknowledgements (there is no such thing as a waver) are also a factor for the ordeal... Ranges are tricky beasts and firearms safety is a big worry in the back of my mind...

Speaking of safety... Chuck... We may have to ban the chili!!! Revise the recipe, the habaneros were fine but wtf else did you put in there Exlax??? That almost killed me and in more ways than one!!!

As for moving it ... yeah I agree that a little further north would drag down some of the northern and GA guys but there is also the land factor... Something much discussed with the Pinz crowd this weekend was that land for hosting events like this is drying up in this state... Thats a conversation that turns everyone sour.

There is also another factor yet to be worked into the ordeal... If we really planed out a yearly deal there is a certain attraction for the family's in the central Florida area... Most of us can sneak off for the weekend but some of us catch a hard lashing from the other half and the kids for doing so... Bring em and drop em off at Disney / Universal if they are not into the event and or make a week out of the whole thing... This might help serve as an excuse for some whom would like to come but have to travel a good distance???

Good ideas... Lets keep kicking them around!!!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks