FLU419 SEE HMMH HME Owners group

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

joeblack5

anyone had to work on the 4x4 not working....?
manuals only show how to replace, not how to fix problem ?:mad:
3 components...
All Wheel Drive Selector Valve Replacement . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 4-240
All Wheel Drive Pressure Regulator Replacement . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 4-242
All Wheel Drive Control Cylinder Replacement and Adjustment . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 4-243

Old post , but, did you rebuild or get a new cylinder. My 4x4 is not working either, looks like stuck cylinder.. took one side of the post and can now put in 4x4 by hand.

Thanks J

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I always drive with my hand on the lever, ready to lower the loader NOW, in iffy situations.
And I'd never run with the load that high off the ground, unless necessary for some odd reason.

joeblack5

I always drive with my hand on the lever, ready to lower the loader NOW, in iffy situations.
And I'd never run with the load that high off the ground, unless necessary for some odd reason.
Thank you, yes Rookie here, there were reasons but probably not good enough for this amount of stress.
I have a two post car lift hanging from the bucket. To clear something in the barn I had to lift it high up. Also, before I ' fixed" the 4wd I could not get out of the barn because the rear wheels slipping. Figured that bringing it higher would getting it closer to the cab and get more pressure to the rear.. Ah well after the 4wd " fix" Mogli got out. My bucket controls are sticking and me be a non certified operator so did not want to mess with them..

well lessons learned nobody got hurt.

On to my 4x4air cylinder, stickingbucket controls...leaking swing cylinder and.....
J

911joeblow

Supporting Vendor
I unfold the excavator and park it centered up or if really bad lowered down a bit. Give a ton of counterbalance.

Yeah. Possible. Just hoping someone had figured out a bimba replacement part number. The original seems aluminum.. Stainless would have been nicer.

Today mogli lifted a leg to pee... I almost dirties my undies..going down the hill with a load in the front.

joeblack5

Thank you... I disconnected the loader lever from the hydraulics to see what is sticking.
The central shaft is more or less stuck inside the outer bushing making both levers more or less connected.. Took a while to get the central shaft out.. Fortunately the driver seat goes far enough to the front to separate it.. Will put in on the lathe and take a little of.

Speedwoble

Thank you... I disconnected the loader lever from the hydraulics to see what is sticking.
The central shaft is more or less stuck inside the outer bushing making both levers more or less connected.. Took a while to get the central shaft out.. Fortunately the driver seat goes far enough to the front to separate it.. Will put in on the lathe and take a little of.
I had a similar issue on Mog #2 and cleaned up the ID and OD of old dry grease and rust. Worked like new!

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wouldn't remove any material, since it used to be nice fit. Instead, try removing the gunk and corrosion like Speedwoble suggested.
It'd be less work, and a lot less than trying to get new material in there if it all ends up too sloppy.

911joeblow

Supporting Vendor
Agree, just steel wool or a fine wire brush on a bench grinder for the shaft and rifle brushes for the female stuff. These clean up really nice. Modern synthetic grease wont gump up like the old stuff.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks