• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FLU419 SEE HMMH HME Owners group

Another Ahab

Wow that looks like hard digging. No pictures of the front end loader lifting that load. I am in South Central Colorado (San Luis Valley) and realize how lucky I was with volcanic ash to dig.
Cool. That's a fun fact.

Hiked the San Juan Range with a buddy decades ago as a young buck. Beautiful country.

Is that Valley in the same general area? Meaning that those mountains are volcanic instead of "thrust"-made, like the rest of the Rockies?

Davestaco

The hydraulic tools on the FLU419 are made by Stanley Infrastructure. You undoubtedly have a Stanley Infrastructure dealer near you in Colorado. If not, I have purchased repair parts from the following dealer in Georgia.

Southeast Railroad Tool Service
2504 Tails Creek Rd
Ellijay Georgia 30540
(706) 698-3489
They are only about a two-hour drive from me, but when I need something I order via telephone and they ship to me. Their prices have been reasonable for what I've needed and when they don't have something in stock it has only taken 2-3 days to get the part. They may be able to give you the name of a Stanley dealer near you but I'm sure they can probably help you directly. They have been great to work with. They can also repair the tools.
Thank you! I will give them a shout.

Davestaco

Wow that looks like hard digging. No pictures of the front end loader lifting that load. I am in South Central Colorado (San Luis Valley) and realize how lucky I was with volcanic ash to dig.
I didn't get a pic of it lifting. It definitely was the max that it can lift. A Bagster full hanging off the bucket teeth will lift the rear wheels off the ground without ballast of the backhoe.

rtrask

Cool. That's a fun fact.

Hiked the San Juan Range with a buddy decades ago as a young buck. Beautiful country.

Is that Valley in the same general area? Meaning that those mountains are volcanic instead of "thrust"-made, like the rest of the Rockies?
Yep, I can see the San Juan's out my back window. The front window faces the Sangre de Cristos

There was a huge volcano called La Garita on the Southwest end of the valley. The La Garita eruption was over 10,000 times as violent as Mt. St. Helens… La Garita blew out 1,500 cubic miles of rock and ash, nearly three times the amount from Yellowstone.

Last edited: