• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Flywheel plug?

barkster

I was crawling around under my new m925a2 and saw this plug missing?? in the tranny? looks like in flywheel cover? Shouldn't that be plugged, especially if I get into any water...

20150501_115344.jpg

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was crawling around under my new m925a2 and saw this plug missing?? in the tranny? looks like in flywheel cover? Shouldn't that be plugged, especially if I get into any water...

View attachment 557317
Have you read the operator's manual about driving(fording) deep water? It will tell you to install the plug. -and where to find said plug.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Read the -10, if you do read it, you will be SURPRISED at ALL the little tid bits of info that it contains, which makes the owner smarter.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Barkster,

Thank you for posting the question. After you have had the truck for a while you will eventually see why it gave me a chuckle.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/forumdisplay.php?115-5-ton-and-up-TMs

That's the link for the TMs. I've been on here for 7 years and spent more time reading them and searching last week than in quite a while.

What, no pics of the new truck? (I know that the plug looks like, we want others.)

:)

barkster

yeah having the truck for two days and 90% of the time I'm out the checking stuff so hasn't given me much time to read all 3k pages. I've downloaded all the manuals and I typically search them all but when you don't know the technical name for something it's hard to find it in the manual unless you have the time to read every single page. I do plan on printing the manual and having it bound. I hate pdfs, but do like to be able to search them but I searched flywheel and didn't find anything. Thanks for the info though.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
yeah having the truck for two days and 90% of the time I'm out the checking stuff so hasn't given me much time to read all 3k pages. I've downloaded all the manuals and I typically search them all but when you don't know the technical name for something it's hard to find it in the manual unless you have the time to read every single page. I do plan on printing the manual and having it bound. I hate pdfs, but do like to be able to search them but I searched flywheel and didn't find anything. Thanks for the info though.
The -10 TM is only 486 pages and should be read by anyone operating one of these trucks before operating , one for safety and two it will prevent costly repairs from improperly operating it .

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No worries. Print a copy ( or sections thereof) and leave them in the head for multitasking. Seems common that folks think they need to digest 3000 pages (or 12,500 for a deuce) of the TMs. Until you start wrenching, the -10 operators is all you need. I keep -10s stored on my phone. Enjoy your new steed my friend.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, we preach READ the manuals but you are absolutely correct about it being difficult to find something in them.

I have a weak springy thing on the side of some box on the side of my NHC-250 that forces the throttle pedal back up after you push it down and let off. Gimpy had a great time driving my truck like that until he found a bungee cord. :)

Now I want a new one. I tried searching the manuals. For three or four hours I couldn't even figure out what it was called. It isn't intuitive. I finally realized that maybe I should look at the foot pedal instead of trying to find it in the engine section (yeah, I'm slow). Bingo!! Follow the throttle linkage from the pedal to the engine and there was my spring. Return spring? No. Throttle return spring? No.

SPRING,HELICAL,EXTE

Now I had looked for spring but I never counted but there are a lot of springs on our trucks.

Doh!

I bought two off Ebay and they are sitting here on the counter. :)

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
This signals that the time is drawing near from someone to ask the CUCV key code question, post about the new great idea jerry can tool box, should I buy a deuce, should I buy a CUCV, who has a tank I can buy (that I can't afford), what's the biggest tires I can put on a cucv, etc,etc et nausiam

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know some questions get old to the guys that have been on here for years. But there will hopefully be new guys to replace us old grouchy guy's to keep the hobby alive after we're dead and gone so here's my thank you for not scaring the crap out of a new guy.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
This signals that the time is drawing near from someone to ask the CUCV key code question, post about the new great idea jerry can tool box, should I buy a deuce, should I buy a CUCV, who has a tank I can buy (that I can't afford), what's the biggest tires I can put on a cucv, etc,etc et nausiam
OR what is the red button for ?, what is the trap door thing in the floor by the drivers seat ?, I started my new truck, I can not figure how to turn it off ?. statement "I have NO brakes" question "what is the master cylinder level" answer "did not know there was a master cylinder, thought it had air brakes because I here the woosh when I use the brakes ? more and more like this, since reading the -10 is no longer PC CORRECT.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ron when I first join the green iron club, I knew nothing! But with some kind help from guy's here I have learned and now I am on my third truck it's not a bad thing to steer someone to the Tms it's how it's done. I appreciate everyone that has been patience with me as I learned. You also have to take into account that there are different folks out there that may not understand what they are reading and are more hands on. I will always try to help anyone that needs it even if it's a question I think is simple it may not be simple to them.