• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FMTV High Speed Gears

InMemoryofRex

I got mine from Bryce.
He delivered them in Colorado and installed them for a very reasonable price.
He is coming back here in a couple of weeks as he has Detroit-style lockers and will install those as well.

772828 6829 Bryce Wasielak or Facebook.

Last edited:

coachgeo

I'm using an app on my iPhone called 'Rally Blitz'. Gives you an odo, compass in degrees and a speedo, and it is cheap, like me! Pointman
Now just add HUD (Heads up Display) and your FMTV becomes a Ultra Modern Rig :p

PS there is numerous free HUD display/Projection Apps out there these days. Found one at least that will project what ever is on your phone. Others are specific with built in speedo and/or Nav. system.

coachgeo

HUD program links?

Pointman
. There is many. Here is a search link to Google Play Android versions. Not sure how long the search link will work. searched for Google Play "Heads up Display" (with quotes)

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...spv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=Google+Play+Heads+Up+Display

. Here is the Android APP I saw that does projection of whatever is on your phone BUT...... I don't know if it reverses the image so it shows proper on the windshield. shot an email to them to ask

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.karapps.hologramspeed&hl=en

. iT IS RUMORED waze is getting a HUD application built in sometime in next few weeks.

. Hudwayglass for 80 bucks looks like it would make most of these be more visible? http://hudwayglass.com/

. There is some plastic film you can put on best spot of your windshield that supposedly helps. It's on an Amaz-on presently sold by Beanworthy.

side topic. For your car there are ones that wire (or wireless) to you OBDII so that it can send info from that to the HUD . If there are any Adriano and APP builders in here it would be cool to build an APP that will read the diagnostics port on our trucks.... send it thru one of the Xpie's maybe then to a Hud display or tablet.

Last edited:

Reworked LMTV

I am late to this party. I have an M1088 and would like to do this upgrade. Do I purchase the three axles or the three pumpkins, and then a power divider with the new ration? If I called this scrap yards could they tell me what I need if I said I had a m1088? I guess I would have everything shipped. TX is quite a drive. Thanks!!!

coachgeo

I am late to this party. I have an M1088 and would like to do this upgrade. Do I purchase the three axles or the three pumpkins, and then a power divider with the new ration? If I called this scrap yards could they tell me what I need if I said I had a m1088? I guess I would have everything shipped. TX is quite a drive. Thanks!!!
Contact either Steve6x6x6 on this board or Bryce thru Facebook
Think the Powerdivider / pumpkin on first axle .... would be considered all one piece. Not sure how they will do that part with shipping. Send you whole power divider/pumpkin with new ratio preinstalled orrrrr?

Pretty sure you can be shipped new pumpkins for other axles thru TX and Bryce. Think (but don't quote me) Steve would rather stick with whole axle sells. Then again check cost of shipping whole axle assemblies, the price might not be that much different. Believe both Bryce and Steve are in FL so you might could drive to FL and have them install? Bryce is known to come out to you to do installs. Steve might to... I don't know.

Others in here might know of other resources.

Last edited:

Reworked LMTV

Think the Powerdivider / pumpkin on first axle .... would be considered all one piece. Not sure how they will do that part with shipping. Send you whole power divider/pumpkin with new ratio preinstalled orrrrr?

Pretty sure you can be shipped new pumpkins for other axles thru TX and Bryce. Think (but don't quote me) Steve would rather stick with whole axle sells. Then again check cost of shipping whole axle assemblies, the price might not be that much different. Believe both Bryce and Steve are in FL so you might could drive to FL and have them install? Bryce is known to come out to you to do installs. Steve might to... I don't know.

Thank you for your thorough reply : ) I wonder if anyone has done a thread on the how to do this type of axle swap.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I can vouch for Bryce, I've conducted business with him a few times before. He is currently heading to Texas to make some deliveries but can usually deliver.

sjohn116

Correct me if I'm wrong, please do, but there have been multiple conversations about the high speed gears, and multiple conversations about the longterm driveshaft problems with our trucks. If I am contemplating the high speed gear change (not delving into the reasons/logic, that has been beaten to death already), which is the best way to kill two birds with one stone?

1). have a custom CV driveshaft made for your LMTV, and it will reduce your likelihood of having a problem, but not too terribly much better off than stock configuration with a stock driveshaft in specs

2). clock the rear axle up 2-3 degrees, (both of these options would use just the high speed pumpkins)

3). replace the rear axle of your LMTV with the intermediate axle from an FMTV (fabricate new mounts, new driveshaft, lock the solenoid in the rear differential, and what to do with the spinning output yoke?)

4). 3rd member from FMTV intermediate axle into stock rear axle of your pre-2008 LMTV? I ask because BRYCE has high speed gears in the following options (complete front axle, complete intermediate axle, and intermediate axle 3rd members only).

5). combination of 1+2

It was mentioned that the intermediate axle 3rd member commonly fails if left engaged in the 6x6 configuration; is that just too much fighting between the axles, or do the complicated nature of the intermediate axle reduce the robustness?

expeditionnw

For anyone interested, i have an extra set of high speed third members for sale in the portland area. I can install as well, if you bring the truck to my shop.

pm if interested!

Reworked LMTV

center section, center chunk, the differential portion of the axle. You know, the part you want to break land speed records in your lmtv :)
Ah, the pumpkin. I need 3 high speed pumpkins : ) Anyone have some to sell? 6x6 says he's out of them. Wonder who bought all of those axles.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks