• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FMTV High Speed Gears

ramdough

Im curious..... most info I've read was the 3116 got around 6.5-7mpg. Why do you think your's was at first getting half what has been suggested as the norm? Or is my recall of the "norm" way off base?
I have heard the same thing....6.5-7 was stock normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't explain why mine was originally getting such terrible gas milage besides the obvious high RPM's at 55mph. But with over 2,000 miles on it prior to the gear change and checking it a few different ways, thats what I was getting. It surprised me to, but with no trouble codes or any other obvious cause I just have to accept it.

scottmandu

I can't explain why mine was originally getting such terrible gas milage besides the obvious high RPM's at 55mph. But with over 2,000 miles on it prior to the gear change and checking it a few different ways, thats what I was getting. It surprised me to, but with no trouble codes or any other obvious cause I just have to accept it.
That's weird my 1084A1 with the C7 gets 5.8 mpg at approx 60 mph, and it's almost 9000 lbs heavier.

ramdough

So you lose 1 MPG for the added axle and weight? That does not sound too bad of a trade. Percentage wise it is huge, but by absolute numbers not so bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks