• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FMV Plate Bill Introduced in Illinois

Flingarrows

I got a call from the Sec of State this afternoon. They had lost an earlier application and check of mine. and have found it. The plates are in, so they will be sending my old check back voided, and the new plates in the mail tomorrow

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Flingarrows, ya mean they actually HAVE them now? Yippeeeee! Will be going to my local DMV this Saturday and getting everything plated with FMV plates! Outstanding, and thanks for the update!

God bless,
Tony

54reo

I titled and licensed my M1009 three weeks ago.

I brought copies of the state documents reflected here in this thread and showed it to the personnel at the DMV when they told me there was no such plate.
After they called and spoke with someone in Springfield (who they said was Mr. McGrath), I was told that I could not license my truck for the FMV plates yet, as they have not been issued as official plates. I would need to send in an application for the FMV plates, but if I did I would not be able to drive it as they could not issue temp tags on an unofficial plate. The only way I could be able to drive the truck was to apply for antique plates.
There was no arguing with them, they had spoken with Springfield and that was it. They said that there would have to be a certain number of FMV plate applications before the state would issue temp tags to it.

I left with a set of temp tags for antique plates and was told to check back in a few months to see if I could reapply for FMV plates after I already paid for antique tags.

Flingarrows

I think they told you half correct info. The local offices were not ordering the new plates, you had to apply using the info on the first couple of pages in this thread. They do issue you a temp plate.

I hope that the call that I received was correct, and the plates are on my 715 this weekend :mrgreen:

ryan77

Wow they came out looking good! I hope my dmv knows about them i hope i can register the 923 smoothly!!

saddamsnightmare

June 15th, 2013. The new plates are in and mine are mounted on the Unimog!!!! They came in yesterdays mail, so kudos to Ma Duce and Mr. McGath. They are designated "OM" after the numbers, so I guess that means "Old Military" vehicle. My bet is Springfield PD will be looking hard when they first see the plates, as they are like no other conventional plates except that they say "Illinois" at the top...... I'll see if I can get a picture of the front of the truck this evening when I get home from work.:beer: Mine are 1026, so I'm a couple of digits below the gent upstairs! Wonder who got #1 (Ma Duce)?

Last edited:

wb9btz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got Mine Today... Yipeeee! :naner::naner::naner:

Simple Process... emailed Mr. McGath (NOT McGrath as mentioned in several previous posts and an easy typo to make). Received application papers, filled them out and returned them to him with my check. Got a temporary plate which I never had the chance to put on as my current H plates expire on 6/30. Received the actual plates and sticker today.

As far as I know, the outlying SOS facilities don't know about the new plate as yet so e-mailing Mr. McGath is the fastest and most reliable method so far.

A resounding THANK YOU to Ma Duce and everyone else involved in getting this plate created!!![thumbzup][thumbzup]

Last edited:

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did all paper work at my local DMV in Lacon, Illinois. They were GREAT! Did two trailers and the deuce. Have temp plates for all three. Didnt hurt that I had preinformed them of the new FMV plates months ago. Got the info from this thread. Hope they arrive in a timely fashion. Its wonderful having a personal relationship with your local Sec.of State rep. Makes things super smooth!
Thanks Ma Duce! and everyone else who shared such a wealth of information and made this possible!
God bless,
Tony

wb9btz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK... Now that I got the Deuce taken care of (through Mr McGath), It was time to get the M105A2 titled and plated.

So, I went to the Rockford SOS CDL Facility figuring I could at least get the Title taken care of (in the event they still did not know about the FMV plates).

I was pleased to find that they DO know about the FMV plates. So, I was able to get everything taken care of.

They tell me I can expect the Title and FMV plates in about two weeks.
Sounds a bit optimistic but maybe it will happen within the next few weeks & I will have to stop being so skeptical :D !

Roo

You can thank Mr McGath for getting that facility up to speed. Dan sent me an email on Friday letting me know that they had sent the memo out to all the SOS facilities and that it should be safe to go in to do the paperwork. I was leaving town that evening so I went down there that afternoon. When I got there they had received the memo but did not know how to complete the paperwork. They called Springfield and after finishing the call they came back and told me that there was only one person in the state that dealt with the FMV paperwork and she was not in, so I would have to come back Monday. I gave them Mr McGath’s phone number and told them that he would be able to tell them what to do. They called Dan and within ten minutes of Mr McGath calling them back I had my temp tags.

Now if I could just get my insurance agent on board, I would be driving my truck.

Last edited:

Ma Duce

plate.jpg If you were wondering who got the first plate in this series. . . . it came in a couple of weeks ago while I was at the capitol working.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks