• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FNG from Virginia

Lowmaks

Hey, guys! I just joined the forum after lurking for some time. I'll be honest, the reason I finally got around to joining today is because I closed on my 1999 M1123 yesterday. I know the road ahead to getting it fully ready to go is long, and I've not dealt with any of it personally (especially the "clean SF97" part), but I already want to thank all of you for the priceless info on this forum that I had at my fingertips. I look forward to building this truck right and helping the other members out as much as possible like I did on roadglide.org.
I'm on a work computer (US Navy), so my connection and computing abilities are awful, so I will update my profile with some pics later from my phone. In case you guys want to see my truck (which is still in GA since I just closed), it was the only black M1123 sold in the last auction for 19.7k from govplanet.
Anyway, the future will require a shipping plan, a new battery, and possibly new gage cluster (pics don't show enough evidence to know). I hope I get to know many of you both online and in person on the East Coast, and I will be moving back out to the West Coast in a few months due to changing duty stations. So, maybe I can meet several of you out there, too. Home is really Indiana for me, and I spent almost 10 years stationed in San Diego.
This post got long fast...sorry about that. What I meant to say is "HI!"

Wire Fox

Welcome here from Indiana. Look forward to seeing some of your own photos of your new-to-you M1123. I've been a kid in a candy store over my M998A1 once I got it a few weeks ago and I haven't even gotten mine to start yet, but there's a very good chance that time is upon me this weekend. Do yourself a huge favore and don't be an unending lurker. Study the pictures of your truck closely and often. Take note of everything that is either wrong or that you want to do to make it truly yours. Read the TMs and try to figure out how to do everything before you ever get to touch it. Ask questions on here. Answer questions for other new people with the things you've learned from trying to figure out your own HMMWV. Once it's finally time to have your's home, you'll feel much more ready to take on everything with and you'll feel like you're really on the offensive with getting it up to mission capable rather than just reacting to every curveball it throws you.

jeffy777

Hey... back at you! Just down the road in Chester, VA. Once you get on the road we get together in Suffolk.

:)

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome. Love my 1123 so far. Only a couple of surprises. For me, GP has been great to work with, but you need to be patient with the process.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome to the site, Lowmaks! Good luck with your HMMWV retrieval. Keep us posted on your progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lowmaks

I'd like to give Robert at GovPlanet a HUGE shout out for finding out that my truck was unaffected by the storms in Albany, GA! Awesome customer service. FWIW, I donated bottled water and Gatorade to the relief effort there. Apparently, it got very bad in Albany and that's where the auction items were physically located. Thanks, Robert!

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hi from North Georgia watch the site for rallies and other events getting to know as many as you can in person makes experience that much better

Brad Z

Welcome from Alexandria (and my M998 parked down in Richmond). There are a bunch of good threads on what to do when you take delivery so read them carefully. Good luck and see you around!

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re-read your initial post.

"Thanks For Your Service" is in order.

T

Lowmaks

Delivered last night! Needs batteries, but everything else seems in order. The high beam on one side is out though...and the A/C won't hold a charge. There is a brand new unit in the bed (for free) though, so I just have to mechanic a little. Fortunately, it's winter. Anyone in the area is welcome to stop by and look/help/drink beer. Could use a recommendation on batteries, but I'm about to search the forum for it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks