• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fontana trip

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have to return a tool I borrowed from the Bros, so, is there anyone who wants to head out there this w-end? I don't need anything, but, there is allways something there, that when I see it, i'll need. Saturday or Sunday. I called Tom, he said to call mid week to make sure nothing comes up on his end.

Crash_AF

I'd like to go along sometime... and I'm going to be in Barstow to pick up my CUCV next month. Think we can get together while I'm out there for a quick side trip?

I'd really like to see if they still have that complete 936 and if it's for sale...

Later,
Joe

ems4ty

Thanks Polverone for the PM... I wouldn't have caught this posting without it as I haven't been on SS in a while. I'll have to check with the "House Commander" to see if I could get a leave of absence for a few hours. My duece is out of commission with a blown out head gasket still. Haven't had the time to take it apart. Anyways, I'll let you all know when I get the all-clear!

Cya!

groundog

:grd: I will be in Barstow to pick up a trailer next week---will try to stop at brothers-(next week)-I have a list of parts I need---hopefully they will be there---hope everyone has a good trip---Groundog

ems4ty

I'm out Gentleman. It'll be the first time that I won't be there with you guys. I was given a ticket to the Long Beach Grand Prix this Saturday, so that's where I'll be. Never been to one before and it sounds awesome. Will have to make it next time.

Post some pics of your prizes when you get em!

L8R,

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Saturday is the day. Just got off the tele with Tom. The usual, 1200ish. So, guess the meeting place would be the taco place on Cherry at 1100 or so?. I might be late...one of my girls has some sport stuff and a b-day party to attend that requires a 1200 drop off...unless I can sweet talk my inlaw :wink: . Any questions or directions needed? Gimme a buzz...626-840-1751. WOO HOO! Wonder what is in some of the containers we've never been in :?:
Parts needed...so far, a springer seat shock...Any other requests?
It is supposed to be warm, bring a lid and maybe some sunscreen. I'll have a merimite or two with H2o and ?? Snacks...maybe some jerky and granola bars.

100dollarman

I just got back from outtatown this morning....... Hoping to see pics and a report from Saturdays trip to the junkyard! How'd it go?

Can someone post name/address/phone number of this Fontana Brothers place?

I NEED SOME STUFF!!! :lol:

What kind of yard is it? Specifically MV?

Mostly went to hang with the other members and say hi. The yard seemed to be a lot fuller as it was a little more difficult to get around everything this time.
I'm getting ready to go the single axle rear (same as Devin) and possibly bob it as well. Located the essentials so will be going back to get that.

Picked up a few things though........

and found a whole pallet of snatch blocks. I think someone was looking for some?

Jon (JDToumanian) drove his Deuce to the gathering and what a beauty that thing is. My gawd he has put some time and effort into it. Job well done Jon. Really gives a guy inspiration. Can't wait until the house is finished to get cracking on mine.

Attachments

ems4ty

Bummer I missed out on it. Was at the Long Beach Grand Prix on Saturday with couple of friends (What a dissappointment. Didn't really see the races at all. I should have gone to the yard instead!) Hopefully the boys will still have the snatch blocks when I get over there sometime in the future. I could use a couple of those puppies! Can't wait to see some more pic's!

Cya,

Re: RE: Fontana trip

steelandcanvas said:
Did the search turn up a seat shock?

John
I saw a bunch of whole shock seats. I wasn't aware of your request but Will may have found it for you. He has the benefit of his teenage son there with him. That guy was climbing on, under, and in everything. A lot more Deuces were there than last time I was there. Not sure of their outcome.
Even found 6 air suspension high back seats but needed reupholstering. I think I'll check into those next time.

Probably wait a month or two to go back so it is smokin' hot there. :lol:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks