• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fontana trip

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Fontana trip

I got myself a like-new 3 color insulated cab top, a pintle reciever, a deuce tire iron, 2 palcon shelves, a lower radiator rock guard, a canvas tool bag...next week I'm picking up a PTO with all cab linkages. I was gonna get a crank down landing gear for my trailer but they recently scrapped them.

It was a real good turnout of folks and the weather couldn't be better.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Re: RE: Fontana trip

SteelandCanvas, I had my eye out for your shock and didnt see any, dont know if Will came across any. Its kinda like junk yard wars where you have to look in every nook and cranny to find what you need. I got all the hardware to bob my truck, minus the U bolts, 2 extra tall 7 ton jack stands like Gary's, 2 pintle hitch's, a newer style E brake handle, an extra seat belt assembly, some shackles, a chain fall and another lug wrench set up to throw in the M105. Of course I remembered a few things I should have got when I got home, save it for the next time. Ok, took a break from bobbing my truck, gotta get back out there before its too late....

steelandcanvas

Re: RE: Re: RE: Fontana trip

Djfreema said:
SteelandCanvas, I had my eye out for your shock and didnt see any, dont know if Will came across any. Its kinda like junk yard wars where you have to look in every nook and cranny to find what you need. I got all the hardware to bob my truck, minus the U bolts, 2 extra tall 7 ton jack stands like Gary's, 2 pintle hitch's, a newer style E brake handle, an extra seat belt assembly, some shackles, a chain fall and another lug wrench set up to throw in the M105. Of course I remembered a few things I should have got when I got home, save it for the next time. Ok, took a break from bobbing my truck, gotta get back out there before its too late....
Thanks for looking, I appreciate it! Sounds like you guys made a pretty good haul this time, and how 'bout them tacos?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Fontana trip

steelandcanvas, I found some, but the seats were still in trucks that moved, or were in cabs that were full of debris. I asked Tom if when they were disposing of things, and came across a good shock, to put it aside for me.

czechsix

Yep, I'll second the request for more yard info. Haven't been on SS in a while, but it's time to redo the brakes on the deuce. Plus get a PTO/shaft/lever/link and other bits and pieces. You guys going to do another group trip?

Cooltex24

I third the request, I will be out there Aug 19 thru 21, and would like to make a side trip to the yard. If anyone will be around during the week and wants to come, pm me.
Scott

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks