• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fording Kit Dipstick Question

ikoinu

Quick question regarding the DWF kit.

Have most of the parts I've put together, but am uncertain on the specific oil tube & dipstick I need.
I have Dipstick 12339846 & Tube 12469130 but don't know if these are correct for my 6.2L?

It's been tough finding specific documentation for this and the transmission stick & tube numbers as they apply to the different engine/transmission configurations. Looking at the DWF instructions online (http://www.hummerknowledgebase.com/driving/dwf.html) with no configuration specification listed it shows dipstick 12339847 & tube 12339147-2.

Any ideas?

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your oil stick will work with that tube.
Tube is for a 400 amp installation, but will work.
Dipstick 12339847 & tube 12339147-2 are used with a 400 turbo trans.

ikoinu

Thanks 86humv for pointing that out, I was looking at the picture in reverse and had mixed up the transmission and oil sticks.
Thank you too for sending the package with those DWF parts, just got it. Looks good!

So you are confirming that Oil Dipstick 12339846 is for a 6.2 litre engine & Oil Tube 12469130 is also for a 6.2 litre engine but specific to allow the 400amp alternator to fit, but will work with that stick on a 60 or 200amp alternator configuration.

Do you know the specific part numbers of the transmission dipstick and tube that you sent me?

Only reason I ask is that I searched quite a bit and had difficulty coming up with the specific part numbers. Hopefully next time someone looks for this they can reference this thread.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The oil stick will fit 6.5 also
Trans tube is a 12339147-2.....stick 12339847

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks