• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fort Bragg 5 ton assistance?

I am waiting for an APRIL FOOLS! Haha, I can't imagine driving a 5-ton across the country. I'd be all for it if someone else was footing the bill, but I don't think I could bring myself to try it.

Hope all is going well for you so far.

Shark Bait

I am waiting for an APRIL FOOLS! Haha, I can't imagine driving a 5-ton across the country. I'd be all for it if someone else was footing the bill, but I don't think I could bring myself to try it.

Hope all is going well for you so far.
That's my thoughts as well. I'd love to drive one a long ways, IF someone else were to be responsible financially for the problems and/or tow. Lol.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WEll, I'm surprised we don't have an update from ABN or Techno... I watched them depart the lot about 1130 or so and headed home. Techno is a great guy. I probably gave him more than he cared to learn in a walk around of the DRMO yard. Oddly, I saw a number of trucks that were under my purview while I was a Battalion Maintenance Officer. The Truck that Techno got is in GREAT shape. Ran like a champ with a quick bump from the slave truck. the interior of the shop was excellent. The cab will need some TLC, but beyond that it looked great, no leaks, fresh hoses, paint, all in all, a steal of a deal. ABN 173 was a great guy as well, beautiful Duece.

The GovPlanet guy is awesome, but, as an FYI, has responsibility for most gov/iron planet sites in the eastern half of the state. So, he's out and about, not just sitting around an office.

Doug Roberts

Yeah , Felix was on the run today. I got there around 1:10 , hooked up and got outside the gate so they could catch up. I've brought one back 330 miles before but 2,900 miles is more than an adventure. I hope things stay rolling well . Post some pics

Alaskaboy

We could have made the trip together if other plans didn't interfere. When you get home, send me a PM and I will give you my number and if you don't mind, call and tell me about the trip. I plan to pick mine up at Fort Bragg the last week of April and drive it to Seattle also.

Last edited:

ABN173

Guys he is fine. We have been working on things here. Better to play it safe on this end, than pay for a hasty departure.

ABN173

We could have made the trip together if other plans didn't interfere. When you get home, send me a PM and I will give you my number and if you don't mind, call and tell me about the trip. I plan to pick mine up at Fort Bragg the last week of April and drive it to Seattle also.
You do know that after 8 days you start enduring a $25 a day fee right?

reset2

WA has restrictions on titling 'collectors vehicles'. Gotta be at least 30 yo....

Otherwise I'm stuck with 200 a yr reg plus $100/month+ commercial insurance for a rig that's not gonna be driven that much...

So... $100 one time and about 200 a yr for insurance vs 200 every year and 1200+ a yr insurance.

There are pluses and minuses with the cat/cummins.. and saw most of the A2s hit 6 and 7k......

lower initial cost means more money free to fix if need be, and more toys..

I so want a roof hatch..heh
Makes sense why you went with this truck and not a A2. I also look at cost to operate. Bought a BMY with no year listed. With my research of the truck and Maryland's 25 year Historic plates somehow the research showed how it became a 1990 vintage.

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Makes sense why you went with this truck and not a A2. I also look at cost to operate. Bought a BMY with no year listed. With my research of the truck and Maryland's 25 year Historic plates somehow the research showed how it became a 1990 vintage.
Yup. I had a long conversation with iron planet.

Apparently. If a year is listed it goes by that year. If no year is listed, they let me do the research and let me tell them what it is. L o l

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks