• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fort Drum auction

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I finally got one(M35A2)! Hopefully tomorrow I will get final acknowlegement from GL. Then on to EUC approval. Then dealing with no SF-97. Then the fun trip home? I'm stoked,my wife is Pi$$ed off! (Event #1832 Lot#3478) ( 5/4/06, Update on wife status; much better now!)

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure yet! possibly Get someone in a different state to reg. first then transfer to me. Or maybe it will become a 1963 chevy C-80.(if you know what i mean) Or maybe try a title company.

ida34

Please do a search to find what I said about title companys. Go any other route except the title company.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
MY question now becomes what happens if you get it registered as something it's not, and God forbid you get into an accident.. Your insurance company will find any # of reasons NOT to cover you, and you'd be screwed....

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the comments! The plan of registering as something else is a last resort thought,(not well planned at this time)! I did call GL customer relations today, and was told that they will "work with me " on getting an SF-97. She sounded quite positive and helpful. I'll keep you all informed as things progress(slowly).

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I didn't ask, I was just trying to get some help from them(main office). I don't know how helpful they will be, yet.

ida34

emmado22 said:
MY question now becomes what happens if you get it registered as something it's not, and God forbid you get into an accident.. Your insurance company will find any # of reasons NOT to cover you, and you'd be screwed....
And the vehicle would most likely be impounded until it was registered and insured properly. This is what would happen in Michigan at least. This is in addition to the citations for the lack of registration and insurance.

Some folks have said that the policy at GL is a "test" program. I think the test is to see if they can do away with the extra paperwork and effort and still get big bucks for the trucks. It was also suggested that we should all call GL and let them know just how bad it sucks that they are not providing titles road worthy vehicles. I think I read the article in the newest issue of Military Vehicles magazine.

Elwenil

NEIOWA said:
What is the excuse the peckerheads at Govliq give for not providing SF-97s on some auctions?
I wonder, what does it cost an individual to take a SF97 to a DMV office and get a title? Normal titling fees and such? I think that and the time and man hours it would take to do all the paperwork and trips to DMV is the reason GL doesn't want to fool with it. Since they are not a US Government agency, they would have to take legal possession of the vehicle by transferring the SF97 into their name and then hand you a signed title to transfer into your name when purchased. Wasn't there talk a while back about guys having trouble titling their Deuce because the SF97 was in GLs name and not the individuals? I think that might have been GLs first attempt at saving some time and money, was to just let the customer have their SF97. Apparently that is not legal though, so they either pay to get a real title or they give you nothing. I think we all know how a corporate mind would think. Just my .02

rice

Didn't the SF97 they used to give you actually come from the DRMO? It might have been that they screwed up the info so bad that a lot of the SF97`s had problems.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The S-97 that came with my deuce was from the El Toro DRMO. It had NO info about the truck. When I got it at auction from a local school district that it was given to, it also came with a water buffalo..again no info on the S-97 about the buffalo. There was no VIN, year, model, wt, nothing except a body style...2dr truck, cargo 2 1/2 ton c90, and a date of transfer by who to whom and a mileage. I can see how the DRMOs screw up on the S-97 document. Thanks to the great people who registered it. no problems during greistration with the exception of transposing two numbers on the VIN, but that was fixed right now, with no other issues.

jatonka

SF-97s

The new issue of Military Vehicles magazine is in deed where you saw the editors comments about the GL no SF-97 thing. It was brought up in a letter to the editor By the Memphis Equipment Co. Owner. Gl says they are doing it as a test and welcome customer comments about the policy.
I sent my comment in by email 5 minutes ago. I will no longer buy anything from GL until they start issuing documentation that can be used in the State of New York to register my vehicles. I spend around $22000.00 annually with them. I know the big guys think that's small potatoes but it's a lot to me. No More from here on. John Tennis :cry:

mangus580

John, and others.... I know my deuce after initial registration does not have a title. It has a transferable registration. Has anyone actually attempted to register one in NY with just the bill of sale? Because of their age, they arent required to have a title.

m.walker

Congrats doghead its a nice truck ! I told you once you decide to get an MV it snowballs from there. A year later you'll have parts all over the place and looking to aquire more , have fun !

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow! Thank's n1bnc. Thank you to everyone for your comments and help. I'll call on Monday to see if Haskell can help me!

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just checked my E-mail and found my EUC is in need of revision! In section 1,box 3, they ask, nature of princpal's business. I placed "personal use" here. What have you guys used here? the form suggests; hobbyist,reseller,etc...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks