• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Found 50cal brass dated 2006 in my M923 truck when I was cleaning out the cab...?

TacticalDoc

Does this mean that it was in service up to at least 2006? And if so, does that mean the it has been maintained every 3000 miles as it states in the TM?
IMG_0492.jpgIMG_0493.jpg

Last edited:

bigboy44

Does it have lockers? I think that is 06 year, look at the Lake City (LC) the bottom of the letters are down at the primer. That is why I say 06.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Must have been in military use up to at least that point. I'm not sure if they just let it sit there or kept it maintained. It a Marine version if that makes a difference.
I'd say that's wishful thinking personally. I've got a car that I've not driven in 7+ years. I could toss a 2013 quarter in there. Wouldn't mean it was up to being used recently.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No & No

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kewl find. Something to hang on to, part of the trucks "story". I don't think it means anything in particular. As others have said, just cause something is with in the vehicle, doesn't mean that was functional at that time.

God bless,
Tony

combat32

As stated above that is dated 1990, doubt if it was there since 1990, while I was in I know we often shot older stocks of ammo. It would make a neat necklace:D lots of guys reload that stuff it is quality brass.

TacticalDoc

Does it have lockers? I think that is 06 year, look at the Lake City (LC) the bottom of the letters are down at the primer. That is why I say 06.
Yes. Lockers, fording kit and winch hydraulics already set up. They took the winch off but I found a replacement and just have to put it on.

TacticalDoc

I believe it was from military use and not something someone just put in there. I was in the back space tucked away behind the door frame. I didn't notice it until several months after owning it and a when I cleaned out my cab. I guess it doesn't make a difference but it's a cool find anyway. I know people reload these. Here is my friend with his twin 50 cals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ9B-DvT1zE

Gunzy

The truck may never have had a winch. I have seen several Marine trucks that have the wet kit(Hydraulics) and no winch. If it had a winch it would be tagged as a M925.

TacticalDoc

The truck may never have had a winch. I have seen several Marine trucks that have the wet kit(Hydraulics) and no winch. If it had a winch it would be tagged as a M925.
The data plate says M923. I think they added the hydraulics after. From what I understand, they took off the winch. But, it has everything there except the winch and 2 hoses which I picked up for it already.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks