• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Found $7.00 MEP 701/016 Fuel Filter

rivercreek

Public Service Announcement: MEP 701/016 Fuel Filter replacement:

Carquest #86516 $6.95

Beats the heck out of the $30 + dollar filters listed on Ebay!

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You're a prince of a guy, thanks! Great 7th post or so. You put in;;; What, Where, and How Much. Again, I thank you, I was looking for that same part.

ClarkeF

Here are all the cross references for that fuel filter.

CARQUEST 86516, CASE A35667, CASE A35863, CASE A36557, COMMERCIAL PRODUCTS X13R316, FLEETGUARD FF244, FRAM C2100, GMC 6438089, NAPA 3516, WIX 33516 *

PeterD

The CarQuest part price may have increased since the original post... I am showing it on my CarQuest terminal as about $9 now.

ETN550

I paid under 8 for the same carquest a few weeks ago. The cross references are very helpful. I second the fact that these filters work perfectly. The Carquest version does not supply the correct size top oring for the lid. However, the existing o-ring looks to be square section and should last 10 years or better. And I would assume it could be taken out and matched up easily enough.

Thanks for posting!

ClarkeF

Does anyone know how to remove the filter on a 701a? The nut on top is under cover and from eyeballing it, it doesn't seem accessible?

Any tricks to getting access?

ClarkeF

Does anyone know how to remove the filter on a 701a? The nut on top is under cover and from eyeballing it, it doesn't seem accessible?

Any tricks to getting access?

Isaac-1

I am like the others in saying remove the top cover it is held in with about a dozen screws, watch out for spinning threaded inserts though, if you get one spinnng once you get the screw out skip that one or repair the insert before putting it back in, I have removed mine a couple of times. I do have to wonder what the official way is as somewhere in the manual it says something about the top cover not being a field removable item (my guess is to minimize getting the spinning threaded inserts)

Ike

R0E0D

i did not take the top off if you work it just right. u can get the top off and the air filter out. now any one found a air filter that will work?

R0E0D

The fuel filter has a primary and secondary stacked in a canister mounted to the frame. I don't think it really matters.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks