• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Found a tank................

bjsmith

it looks like driveshaft would connect hydraulic motor to opposite set of wheels in pic rear motor to front wheels i see a ujoint below motor

JB

I'm not convinced it's an MV. Need more pics. The suspension and exposed hydraulics just don't look right.
I could not find anything in either of the Fred Crismon military vehicles books that looks like that contraption but it looks cool as anything.:beer:

KsM715

I know the current running gear is home made. I believe the only "tank" item left is the bottom half of the hull. Ive been trying to match up the rear where that towing eye is located to see if there is anything close.

I did get a look under the cab thru an opening. You could see the side of the hull. It looked like the top was torched off. The sides are definately some sort of armor. They are about 2" thick

Last edited:

paulfarber

There appear to be no mounts for any suspension.. either volute spring or torsion bar.

It actually looks like the bottom of a gantry crane that runs on rails on shipping docks.

Danger Ranger

I don't care what you say, that thing is one awesome piece of history. And well done at that. Keep it, save it, or whatever, its cool, and deserves a use. Find one for it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks