• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Found boarding ladders for $35

Status
Not open for further replies.

surpdlr

maddawg308 said:
Found a source for used boarding ladders for $35. They are used, a little rusty but not bad. Thought I would post in case anyone wants me to pick one up for them.
What is the big deal here????
I have had these listed on my web site for over 5 years!!!! (mine are NOS)

00-641-0187 LADDER BOARDING SHOP VAN STEEL $38.50
http://www.flmv.net/FLMV-DUCE.htm

I would hope a used ladder would sell for a lot less, or should I raise the price on my NOS ladders????

Jeff

mangus580

RE: Re: Found boarding ladders for $35

Easy now Jeff ;-)

This is why I was asking what ladder they were. I knew you had the 109 ladders on your site.

citizensoldier

RE: Re: Found boarding ladders for $35

Wow.. Thie big deal is I didnt know you had them! Only one I found for sale was $150 plus shipping. I was going to get hosed.. Thanks for posting and the big deal is we or "I" didnt know you had them.. Dont raise the price I like it just fine.. :D

surpdlr

Re: RE: Re: Found boarding ladders for $35

citizensoldier said:
Wow.. Thie big deal is I didnt know you had them! Only one I found for sale was $150 plus shipping. I was going to get hosed.. Thanks for posting and the big deal is we or "I" didnt know you had them.. Dont raise the price I like it just fine.. :D

Why do I even bother with a web site :cry:.............

FreightTrain

Banned
RE: Re: RE: Re: Found boarding ladders for $35

Might I make a suggestion Jeff?Put a little Updated on line at the top.I stopped going over there years ago when I didn't precieve any activity and thought the page was dead and just abandoned.

TacticalTruck

RE: Re: RE: Re: Found boarding ladders for $35

I never noticed the shop van ladders. i too, thought they were scarce. Jeff, i assumed you had the same aluminum boarding ladders everyone else had when they dumped a pile out of mechanicsburg. With so many web pages today it's hard to remember to go back and check for updates. MV magazine is a good reminder for me. Maybe you should vary your advert there more to highlite different inventory or mention specials if ordered thru the web page.
Jeff

TMATHIES

BOADING LADDER

clinto said:
If they are the M35 cargo truck style (like Mangus said, there are different ladders for different vehicles/models), I'd take one. I have an NOS one but I'd like to have one I could get dirty and use for work
OUR GROUP HAS NEED FOR BOARDING LADDERS

TMATHIES[/quote]

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
clinto said:
I might take one of those 105 ladders……….if there was a way to get it to me…….anyone coming to the Ga. Rally from this area?

So the 105 ladders are the ones with 4 steps? And 109's are 5? And cargo trucks 6?
...and where does this one belong, picked it up in Oklahoma last year, 3 steps and made of steel?

Attachments

ida34

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Found boarding ladders for $35

The thing that made it good for me was the possibility of getting them to MI cheap.

Jeff,
What would shipping cost to get it to Dexter, MI?

Chuck

surpdlr

FreightTrain said:
Might I make a suggestion Jeff?Put a little Updated on line at the top..
Like this?:

Send mail to the webmaster with questions or comments about this web site.
Copyright © 2002, 2003,2004,2005,2006,2007 Front Line Military Vehicles, Inc.
Last modified: 08-Jul-2007

It's on the bottom of ALL my web pages. I did just discover that you may have to hit refresh when you bring up the page to see the current date however (at Least I did in Explorer)

FreightTrain said:
I stopped going over there years ago when I didn't precieve any activity and thought the page was dead and just abandoned.
I guess you don't read Military Vehicles Magazine either, since as you will see I refer to my web site in every advertisement I run there, Not something that is done with a “dead and just abandoned” web site!!

Not to mention the pop up banner ads here on Steel Soldiers that I paid for!!!

Attachments

surpdlr

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Found boarding ladders for $35

TacticalTruck said:
I never noticed the shop van ladders. i too, thought they were scarce. Jeff, i assumed you had the same aluminum boarding ladders everyone else had when they dumped a pile out of mechanicsburg.
I did, and I sold out several years ago, wish I could get more of them, as the Government has been buying them for the last several years!!!

TacticalTruck said:
With so many web pages today it's hard to remember to go back and check for updates. MV magazine is a good reminder for me. Maybe you should vary your advert there more to highlite different inventory or mention specials if ordered thru the web page.
Jeff
With over 50,000 line items of inventory, and a +-2 month lead time from ad submission to the time it is your hands, how do I pick items for an advert? I pick things that are easily shipped. I advertised those shop van ladders a while back In Military Vehicles Magazine , and sold one or two. Not worth the advertising space. In fact I have found that I sell very few 2 ½ ton and 5 ton parts even with a pop up link and advertising money spent here on Steel Soldiers.....

surpdlr

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Found boarding ladders for $35

ida34 said:
The thing that made it good for me was the possibility of getting them to MI cheap.

Jeff,
What would shipping cost to get it to Dexter, MI?

Chuck
I don’t know shipping till I pack the package, and I don’t do that till I have a firm order (too many people back out after finding out that the shipping (something I have NO control over) is higher than they want to pay). Mean while I have spent my time to pack an order for the shipping quote. This is time that could be spent sending orders out to serious customers instead of spending it on tire kickers....

The shipping rates change up and down almost weekly as the shipping companies adjust the fuel surcharge.

End of rant!

P.S.

I do remember that these are made of STEEL, and therefore very heavy!!!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Found boarding ladders for $35

In fact I have found that I sell very few 2 ½ ton and 5 ton parts even with a pop up link and advertising money spent here on Steel Soldiers.....

Out of curiosity, where is the majority of your business? Jeep, Deuce, etc?

And do you see an increase in Deuce action, with all the new owners in the last few years?

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

surpdlr said:
I don’t know shipping till I pack the package, and I don’t do that till I have a firm order (too many people back out after finding out that the shipping (something I have NO control over) is higher than they want to pay). Mean while I have spent my time to pack an order for the shipping quote. This is time that could be spent sending orders out to serious customers instead of spending it on tire kickers....

The shipping rates change up and down almost weekly as the shipping companies adjust the fuel surcharge....
FedEx may take the ladder with nothing but a label, they delivered an exhaust system to me for a deuce a few years ago with the label only right on the pipe. I have also shipped a medium towbar that way.
Just call in the weight and size and get a quote. Few people will pay for an item without knowing the delivery charge. Just my 2 cents.

surpdlr

clinto said:
In fact I have found that I sell very few 2 ½ ton and 5 ton parts even with a pop up link and advertising money spent here on Steel Soldiers.....

Out of curiosity, where is the majority of your business? Jeep, Deuce, etc?
No such thing as a majority of my business when talking about collector sales. I stock original Government surplus parts all across the board and have never tried to specialize in any one thing.

clinto said:
[
And do you see an increase in Deuce action, with all the new owners in the last few years?
Nope..... HUMV stuff yes, Deuce no. In fact I have been selling Deuce parts at MY RETAIL to other dealers in quantity so that they can sell them to whoever (I guess you guys???) As an example I had 2 ½ ton brake shoe lining kits for $18.50 per Axel up until last week, they all went to another dealer, and I am sure he will mark them up!! But they weren’t selling for me at my low price until he came along so my gain is deuce owners loss I guess.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Found boarding ladders for $

Okay, guess I shouldn't pick up the boarding ladders from this dealer near me. Seems Jeff has hijacked the thread and is pushing his parts, which is fine, he's got a business to run. But I don't wanna pick up the five boarding ladders and then noone needs them because everyone got them already from Jeff. :(

TacticalTruck

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Found boarding ladders for $

Bjorn
That ladder is for the electronics van trailer. It locks into holes below the doors and is non-ground bearing. I could use it if you want to find something more appropriate for yourself. I think they are scarce....uh...unless Jeff has them hiding in his web page somewhere.
MD
I could still use those M146 ladders.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.