• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Found fuel in the crankcase and a hard start

Chitangi

Hey guys !
I recently bought a 1967 Kaiser and I have some issues, its giving me a hard start and also I found some level of fuel in the crank case besides the loss of power, its also giving me some really black smoke and white..hopefully i can get some help this is my new project.

dmetalmiki

Change out the oils. Check the head gaskets. Check the turbo (if fitted).
Look for oil in water. (and water in oil). report back.
Also more details about your truck with pictures.

The King Machine

The oil in my crank case was due to my injectors being bad (wore out nozzles), weeping fuel into the cylinders then washing down to the crank case. The residual pressure in the post IP injector lines would drip fuel after shut down. Would also explain your smoke issue.

Other possible ways to get fuel in the crank case include the FDC, Flame intake heater, and the IP

I eliminated the FDC and flame heater also to be safe.

Jeepsinker

Do not run the engine anymore until you get the fuel in oil issue fixed. Fuel density compensator and hydraulic head o-rings are the most common causes of this.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
If its hard to start and smoking, pull the injectors and have them pop-tested/rebuilt. Thats your first step. Then I'd have the gaskets(and O-rings) in the IP replaced. Finally, I'd delete the intake manifold heater and remove the FDC from the fuel loop.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks