• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Found XM 152 prototype

davesbf

I found an XM 152 dodge dated 1954 on data plate,according to googled XM152 sites appears to have been made only about 155 in detroit.A little over 1,000 were made in Canada designated as M152 and used as command and radio trucks.My question is; how many of the detroit models still exist?I will try to post pics of my XM152.

Attachments

nattieleather

That's a good looking truck. I don't think many are still around. My budy had one back in the late 80s but he traded it to another guy who traded it to another guy and so on. it wasn't as nice as this one is. Figure if they made 155 of them then maybe one quarter of those left if we're lucky.

Wile E. Coyote

The Canadian ones had a single rear door vs. the M43-style double doors. I've only seen two XM152s; one wreck, and one at one of the conventions one year in the 80s. Not since.

Wile E. Coyote

That one's in great shape...still has the chorehorse bracket on the fender and what looks like the upper clip for the telescoping mast. Too bad someone's nicked the spare tire carrier but...that seems pretty common. Still has the blackout curtains inside too. Nice find.

Those started out life with Plessey C42/ WS No.52 radio stations in them...I have the manual hereabouts somewhere. While you can find the radios, things like the charging panels etc. are largely unobtainium -- though a friend found a whole bunch of NOS stuff in Holland a dozen or more years ago when he was building a No. 19 set truck setup. Later life they went RT-524s and GRC-106s along with Uncle.

I passed one of these up years ago in Canada (and I'm still kicking myself in the @$$ over it) which was just about perfect and not bubba'd at all: no roof rot, had the tire carrier - lots of the external fixtures -- but best of all, it had all the shelves, wiring, tables, stairway, blackout screens etc. still inside complete with Canadian Army paperwork taped to the walls. Didn't have the money at the time so it went to the typical, "this'd make a great huntin' buggy!" guy who did. But...that's the marketplace. aua

cmpman

Interesting thing about the Canadian single rear door body is that under the rear skin is all the substructure of the double door XM152. The corner posts have the channel which the door hinges attach to, and the floor has the two little catches for the double doors to latch onto.
The M152 Cdn has the same two corner posts added a second time closer to the center of the rear wall of the truck to make for the single door design.

TacticalTruck

There's one here locally that could be bought. I painted it for the guy a few years back but someone told him it was worth $25k. I'm not sure what he'd take for it now. It's been sitting outside since I painted it.

justindearb

ya the 251 and the acme t-98 is a great combo it goes almost as good as my m37 that 251 has a lot of extra weight to haul around it ,must be a real bone with the 230 well I guess it would be like a m43, I just finished building a hot rod 251 for my m37 custom ground cam,rebuilt and balanced, ported manifolds and block, full flow oil system, head shaved .060 shoud me a nice engine for my m37 est 140horsepower and 250 torque, far cry over the stock 230 at 78hp and 180tq roughly.engine.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks