• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FRAG 7 Door Info

jake20

Heya everyone, looking to see if anyone has a side drawing of the frag 7 doors along with dimensions. Probably a long shot but worth asking.

Poking an idea here and would like to see the feasibility.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Heya everyone, looking to see if anyone has a side drawing of the frag 7 doors along with dimensions. Probably a long shot but worth asking.

Poking an idea here and would like to see the feasibility.
frag levels are confusing, but there aren’t any Frag 7 doors, its Either Frag 5 or standard threat…Frag 7 adds additional roof protection

jake20

Thanks for clarifying that @Retiredwarhorses

To put it simply, I was looking at the door design on my deuce and it spawned an idea. Frag doors are pretty thick due to the armor, and I really don’t care for the armor, though it would be cool to have.

I’m poking the idea of a door that looks like the heavy roller window armored doors from the outside, but is upholstered and creature comfort friendly on the inside. If I can get the exterior dimensions, I can see how feasible it’d be. Last set of frag doors I saw was selling for 25K+… can’t be worse than that.

Regular X doors don’t look bad on a turbo truck but the frag look really completes the truck in my opinion. The other issue is that aftermarket x doors are all “decent” at best. My West Kentucky fiberglass doors work fine but could definitely use some cleaning up and better QC on some parts. Next doors I was planning on trying were Plan B’s signature series aluminum ones.

jake20

Alright I found some outlines in a PDF, though they aren't the roller-window style, anyone lucky enough to have a set able to measure the height? I can probably extrapolate the rest, a flat piece of metal can't be that bad right? 😂

I attached images of 2 door sets, they're both slightly different in shape and contours. Anyone know the proper nomenclature for the differences between these two?

Attachments

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Alright I found some outlines in a PDF, though they aren't the roller-window style, anyone lucky enough to have a set able to measure the height? I can probably extrapolate the rest, a flat piece of metal can't be that bad right? 😂

I attached images of 2 door sets, they're both slightly different in shape and contours. Anyone know the proper nomenclature for the differences between these two?
Standard threat and FRAG 5

jake20

Given that the name is standard threat, does that mean they are included on all new humvees being delivered to the branches? I know that soft doors are no longer being made and I think x-doors are also being phased out of production, though don't quote me on that.

Trying to find the outline of the standard threat doors specifically, since they're a simpler design it seems. Plenty of references to them in the TMs, but no diagrams from a direct side view.

I did find a perfect side reference diagram, but they aren't the right doors. These seem to be an older revision armor setup for M1114s, quoted as " Objective Frag 5 Door and Frag 1A Kit " by the document

Attachments

Reactions: OBX

Hummer Guy

Given that the name is standard threat, does that mean they are included on all new humvees being delivered to the branches? I know that soft doors are no longer being made and I think x-doors are also being phased out of production, though don't quote me on that.

Trying to find the outline of the standard threat doors specifically, since they're a simpler design it seems. Plenty of references to them in the TMs, but no diagrams from a direct side view.

I did find a perfect side reference diagram, but they aren't the right doors. These seem to be an older revision armor setup for M1114s, quoted as " Objective Frag 5 Door and Frag 1A Kit " by the document
If you get the measurements, please let me know, and what's your plans for the thick windows?

jake20

The armored window frames don't seem to be tooooo sparse on the internet just yet, so just getting those NOS or used for now. I still haven't figured out how I want to go about the actual door and measurements for it yet, will see how picky I can be with regards to how accurate to the originals they are.

Definitely planning on going standard threat if anything though, simpler shape with less messing around. I'm still scrounging the interwebz to try and find more reference photos and at least some clear silhouettes of them. Plenty of things on my plate though so it'll go at whatever pace I have time for lol.

HoveringHMMWV

Steel Soldiers Supporter

jake20

Have you made progress on the Frag doors?
I am interested in fabricating a set also.
Not yet sadly, it’ll be a little bit before I get a chance to get to it in detail. I made a base outline in cad but some measurements didn’t add up and I didn’t like what it turned out as. It’s just a tedious process of trial and error is all.

My M1043A2 build is coming to a close with just needing paint (if only northern IL temps weren’t so inconvenient). The M1151 will get the spotlight afterwards, definitely a lot of plans in mind for that build.

T9000

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not yet sadly, it’ll be a little bit before I get a chance to get to it in detail. I made a base outline in cad but some measurements didn’t add up and I didn’t like what it turned out as. It’s just a tedious process of trial and error is all.

My M1043A2 build is coming to a close with just needing paint (if only northern IL temps weren’t so inconvenient). The M1151 will get the spotlight afterwards, definitely a lot of plans in mind for that build.
Thanks for the update! I was thinking to get my X-doors 3D scanned into CAD and start from there. The outline should be the same and was thinking to do a thick profile, however use some of the inner space to add power locks. I like the Frag 5 side rolling windows look, but I am told they have terrible visibility, especially for the side mirrors, which I can see why.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks