• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Frame size?

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone have the frame sizes of a 5 ton and deuce handy? Height, web size and thickness? Thanks
Deuce frame U-channel:
Legs O.D. ("flanges") = 3"
Web Width (height) O.D. = 8"
Thickness = 5/16"

5-ton frame U-channel: (Courtesy of Chief1900)

Legs: 3"
Web: 9"
Thickness: 5/16"

Tks
G.

Last edited:

yeager1

thought it sounded a little short?
Couldn't agree more. If the 2.5 ton is 8 x 3 by 5/16" I would be very surprised if the 5 ton was 9 x 3 by 5/16".
Does anyone have the dims? or maybe a truck to measure? :-D

mtk

The thread about 53's has some close-ups in it that show the frame rails.

They're WAY larger than 9" as I see it. More like 12" or so.

USMC6062

It looks the same in width and thickness, as a deuce frame. I would measure it tomorrow, but I'm going out of town for 10 days. I'll try when I get back if no one else has by then.

yeager1

Thanks for the info. I'm just surprised that the deuce and 5 ton are so close in size (and strength), especially when you factor in that the standard 5 ton is considerably longer.

davesgmc

my bridge truck has a section of frame through the middle that is 12 inches tall, it is riveted to the original 9 inch tall frame, factory.

was told this is because of the extra long wheel base.

jasonjc

The XLWB Deuce also has a frame dubbler on it. It is a "L" riveted to the frame. Seems like a bad idea to me. Its open at the top but closed at the bottom and makes for a good(bad) place for water to collect.