• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Frame size?

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone have the frame sizes of a 5 ton and deuce handy? Height, web size and thickness? Thanks
Deuce frame U-channel:
Legs O.D. ("flanges") = 3"
Web Width (height) O.D. = 8"
Thickness = 5/16"

5-ton frame U-channel: (Courtesy of Chief1900)

Legs: 3"
Web: 9"
Thickness: 5/16"

Tks
G.

Last edited:

yeager1

thought it sounded a little short?
Couldn't agree more. If the 2.5 ton is 8 x 3 by 5/16" I would be very surprised if the 5 ton was 9 x 3 by 5/16".
Does anyone have the dims? or maybe a truck to measure? :-D

mtk

The thread about 53's has some close-ups in it that show the frame rails.

They're WAY larger than 9" as I see it. More like 12" or so.

USMC6062

It looks the same in width and thickness, as a deuce frame. I would measure it tomorrow, but I'm going out of town for 10 days. I'll try when I get back if no one else has by then.

yeager1

Thanks for the info. I'm just surprised that the deuce and 5 ton are so close in size (and strength), especially when you factor in that the standard 5 ton is considerably longer.

davesgmc

my bridge truck has a section of frame through the middle that is 12 inches tall, it is riveted to the original 9 inch tall frame, factory.

was told this is because of the extra long wheel base.

jasonjc

The XLWB Deuce also has a frame dubbler on it. It is a "L" riveted to the frame. Seems like a bad idea to me. Its open at the top but closed at the bottom and makes for a good(bad) place for water to collect.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks