• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Free fuel , ya i can take that

dragonwagon

I bought my deuce as a toy and as an ambassador for my company . Tonight it served its first job as ambassador . A major delvery company had a driver put gas in his diesel truck , we towed it in to there garage and the mechanic was just a whining about disposing of the mixed fuel .

Multifuel to the rescue , dump it in here : ) HA HA he was pretty happy when i pulled in with the deuce and emptyed there tank into mine .

Be my first time running any thing but #2 diesel .

kentuckycucv

Im running filtered waste veggie oil in my CUCV. a 50/50 mix seems to give me more power than streight diesel. One of these days my secret will get out. I get free fuel all the time.

dragonwagon

I do towing , so we run into this a few times a year where some one grabs a gas pump and puts it in there diesel truck , pickups most of the time . In a normal pickup it only takes a gallon or two to shut them down , the gas seperates in the filter and accumulates , all of a sudden it just shuts down when the gas hits the system . It amazes me that the gas and diesel will not blend into a thinned out diesel .

given that , they have to empty the tank and start over .

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
While your GOOD AMBASSADOR for the MV hobby earns you a GOLD STAR, the business side of me says that you missed a GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY to charge a DI$POSAL FEE... hehehehe... You could have had FREE FUEL plus GET PAID for taking it.

Anywaze... Glad you could be of service.

I think I'm going to spread the word that I can "help" in similar situations around here.

dragonwagon

While your GOOD AMBASSADOR for the MV hobby earns you a GOLD STAR, the business side of me says that you missed a GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY to charge a DI$POSAL FEE... hehehehe... You could have had FREE FUEL plus GET PAID for taking it.

Anywaze... Glad you could be of service.

I think I'm going to spread the word that I can "help" in similar situations around here.
Small repair shops or even dealers , they can pay to get rid of it or you can help them out . It happens fairly often .