• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fresh Line-X in the M1009

readyman

CycleJay,
It's a term I use when I jump inside with a spraygun and spray 'everything' with CARC paint.
I see it a lot with CUCV resellers who powerwash the engine compartment and then spray the whole engine/compartment with black CARC. :-|
I wasn't talking about explosives.

Hello Readyman,

The line X job looks great, I would liked to get my interior professionally lined too, when I can afford it, so it can get done right, and it will be tougher,
than doing it myself. But I will consider doing it myself anyway, we shall see..

But what do you mean by a 383 CARC bomb?

True Knight

For the purists who want that 383CARC 'look' in their M1009 interior. The Line-X guy did a great job of color matching with their upgraded KEVLAR formula. I did all the prep work myself and drove 20 miles to the Line-X dealer with only a seat and a speedo. :cool: Because dealer disassembly was $.
Looking forward to revising the inside door stencil - Hose down interior only. :smile:
I welded up/Line-X'd a mount for the 40mm ammo can center console, that's the thing sitting on the hump.
I found out both Upol and Sem Bedliner has a tintable 'Do It Yourself' package for a fraction of the cost, only after I had Line-X do it. :x
Next thing to do is set off a 383CARC bomb in the interior without messin' up the Line-X job.
Very nice. I've been wanting to do the same thing in the cab and bed of my M1028.