• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fresh M1009 Southern CUCV Resto

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi all, just finished this blazer and it has the new BFG's 33/12.50/15 All Terrain KO-2 tires. Just thought you may want to see what they look like on a M1009. I've had the truck out on the road and they ride great... very quite and it feels like the sidewall is stiffer than the old style and these don't flex as much. They also feature the new lugs on the sidewall shoulder.

David

Attachments

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice job~! I'm curious David, where/who are some of your aftermarket parts sources for these model year GM's? Specifically, I'm looking for interior pieces like dashpad/full-dash, door panels, carpet kits and window rubber/seals. Have been looking at sources like LMC and Classic Parts but without any experience with their stuff, I just hate buying cheap, over-priced China-junk. Any help would be much appreciated.

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice job~! I'm curious David, where/who are some of your aftermarket parts sources for these model year GM's? Specifically, I'm looking for interior pieces like dashpad/full-dash, door panels, carpet kits and window rubber/seals. Have been looking at sources like LMC and Classic Parts but without any experience with their stuff, I just hate buying cheap, over-priced China-junk. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks! Between LMC and Rockauto you should be able to find most of the soft trim and replacement GM service parts, they are mostly all made in China, But they work fine. Look for parts that have the Official GM Restoration Parts logo those tend to be better quality. It's not a 69 Z28 that needs NOS parts to make work, IMHO.

David

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks! Between LMC and Rockauto you should be able to find most of the soft trim and replacement GM service parts, they are mostly all made in China, But they work fine. Look for parts that have the Official GM Restoration Parts logo those tend to be better quality. It's not a 69 Z28 that needs NOS parts to make work, IMHO.

David
No--- Thank YOU~! Valuable info, that GM Resto logo, was not aware of such a thing. And agreed, mine is no collector's show truck either, just want a decent fit. Also have 2 more 76-89 vintage GM trucks in rebuild process, both longbed stepsides and both need their actual bed-sides replaced--- or a whole lot of straightening. On a few occasions I have found NOS hard parts from GM dealers and wholesale lot resellers but mostly no interior of rubber stuff. Thanks again

Regards

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No problem, Actually the steel patch panels that I have gotten from LMC have been very nice heavy gauge steel that fit decent. Considering they all need some form of massaging to work. They offer two types the original quality or the cheaper aftermarket replacement.

David

iacucv

David - what suspension is that 09 using with the 32x12.50s? Stock wheels? Trying to decide if, and how much, to lift mine. Thanks for any input!

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's the stock suspension, the tires are 33/12.50/15's. All that's needed to fit that size tire on the stock rims is a trim of the rear inside corner on both front fenders. Allowing the outside corner of the tire
to clear the fender on full turn.

David

iacucv

Thanks David. Based on your input, might lead me to 2" lift with 33x12.50s.... Contemplating some wheel spacers as well. Hopefully that would not require any fender trimming.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks