• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fresh Resto II M1008

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here are some pictures of my just completed restoration of my M1008; it’s got the 12 bolt H1 rims with the 37’s, fresh paint interior and all service done. Enjoy. David

Attachments

Last edited:

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That looks very nice! What, if anything, did you have to do to get those 12 bolt rims on?

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks!

Thanks! The rims need the 2 inch spacers, and the front fenders need a trim in the very lower corners.

David [thumbzup]

ABN173

Here are some pictures of my just completed restoration of my M1008; it’s got the 12 bolt H1 rims with the 37’s, fresh paint interior and all service done. Enjoy. David
David........ I love it!!!:mrgreen:

Now having said that I would not say "restoration" as the die-hard folks would say its not a restoration but rather a makeover. For example the H1 rims were never on standard cucv's.

Anyways back to drooling at your pics......

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks!

yep, I used Herculiner from Pep Boys. It works very good and not to expensive, the 1 gal kit does the whole bed. I used it on my Deuce Bobber and the last M1008 I did.

I use "SEM" interior dye to spray the doors and dash, the seat is a custom cover made by my interior guy who does all my muscle car interiors. Much better than the original.

Hey Dale, ok we can call it a "Restification" [thumbzup] These 37's are much better tires than the 36's on the last truck. I think I like the 383 green better than the Tan. But that's what the client wanted, he also wanted the grill painted black.

David

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Doesn't appear to have any lift. I have the same tires, same wheels but I probably wont use them. Did you use runflats or anything inside the tires? I'm going to have to lift mine, don't like to sawzall the fenders.

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M1008

No fading with the Liner, but I am sure over time it will start to fade some.

Yeah, the bridge plate is green but I thought I keep it green as atribute to the Army green I like better than the tan.

Did the tan trucks have the bridge plate the same tan color? :driver:It would be a lot of work to convert a green on over to tan...all the number plates and then re-numbering them all.

David

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M1008

The bridge plate is the round metal plate mounted on the front bumper of MV's to alert the powers that be of the weight of the vehicle when traveling over bridges.

You know, the last truck I did also had the 8 bolt rims with 36's and I needed to trim just a tad off the fenders, however I beleive that with correct new "stock" front springs installed I could get he 37's very close to fiting without a trim....all the M1008's I have seen have collapsed front springs.

David