• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

From the midwest and new to the site

chevyguy1976

Hi guy's,

Just found this site and must say it is great :)

I will searching for a m1008 or a 1009 this comming year and hope a few will be left byut the time I have the funds available. I dont have much experince working on the 6.2, but have been around GM trucks( ford was the dirty F word in my house growing up) all my life. Mom and dad run a small salvage yard and we still have pleanty of 80's parts around including a 3:73 and 700r4 that would go nicely into a 1009 :twisted:.

I am in Iowa are there ever any auctions close? I have been watching craigslist and ebay and the only things that have come up are the two places in chicago. I was hoping to get into one a bit cheaper then that. I also realize that to get a 1009 thats not rusted away I will prob have to go west or south.

Anyway great site and I have lots of reading to do yet:beer:

hovenga67

More than likely you will have to go to little falls minnesota or sparta wisconsin to get one. So far I have not seen any here in Iowa, only duece and halfs and five tons.
Brent

chevyguy1976

Thanks guys. I have seen the Iowa one on GL and so far only have the bigger trucks on it. I will have to watch for the Sparta and little falls, I dont remeber seeing anything listed the last time I browsed GL site. I have been around old chevy muscle cars enough to understand the looseing site of the wallet thing lol. I still have my 1970 chevelle SS that I drove my Jr and Sr. year 1993-94. Had a stint with a 1975 vette in college and more chevy 1/2 and 3/4 tons then I can list lol.

I love the older 67-72 chevy pickups and am thinking one of them would look great dressed up like a 1008. too bad they had such thin frames back then.

Thanks for the warm welcome and I am sure I will be on here with questions if I pick one of these great trucks up.[thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks