• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

From the midwest and new to the site

chevyguy1976

Hi guy's,

Just found this site and must say it is great :)

I will searching for a m1008 or a 1009 this comming year and hope a few will be left byut the time I have the funds available. I dont have much experince working on the 6.2, but have been around GM trucks( ford was the dirty F word in my house growing up) all my life. Mom and dad run a small salvage yard and we still have pleanty of 80's parts around including a 3:73 and 700r4 that would go nicely into a 1009 :twisted:.

I am in Iowa are there ever any auctions close? I have been watching craigslist and ebay and the only things that have come up are the two places in chicago. I was hoping to get into one a bit cheaper then that. I also realize that to get a 1009 thats not rusted away I will prob have to go west or south.

Anyway great site and I have lots of reading to do yet:beer:

hovenga67

More than likely you will have to go to little falls minnesota or sparta wisconsin to get one. So far I have not seen any here in Iowa, only duece and halfs and five tons.
Brent

chevyguy1976

Thanks guys. I have seen the Iowa one on GL and so far only have the bigger trucks on it. I will have to watch for the Sparta and little falls, I dont remeber seeing anything listed the last time I browsed GL site. I have been around old chevy muscle cars enough to understand the looseing site of the wallet thing lol. I still have my 1970 chevelle SS that I drove my Jr and Sr. year 1993-94. Had a stint with a 1975 vette in college and more chevy 1/2 and 3/4 tons then I can list lol.

I love the older 67-72 chevy pickups and am thinking one of them would look great dressed up like a 1008. too bad they had such thin frames back then.

Thanks for the warm welcome and I am sure I will be on here with questions if I pick one of these great trucks up.[thumbzup]