• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

From Zero to 2 MEPs and 2 Trailers and One EUC

storeman

From Zero to 2 MEPs and 2 Trailers and Two EUCs

:smile:
Won a MEP002a on Oct 21st, A M101A3 on 10/28 and a trailer mounted Mep003a on 12/2.:D:D:D

EUCs came through yesterday on the first 2, so it is off to Delaware and Ft. Meade on Wed for pick ups. Hopefully the 3rd EUC will come in so I can go to SC for pickup before the end of the year when we go hide out in FL for a while.:D:D:D

Hopefully these auction pics post okay. Thanks for all the great info and advice.
Jerry

BTW: anyone know if the 4 holes in the bed of these trailers match up to the MEP002a frame?

Attachments

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd be inclined to think that the holes were for an 002. The M101A3 looks nice and as a plus it has the adjustable landing gear. A double plus is that the hand crank is there in the pics, lets hope its still there when you arrive. Take pics with you and compare, if it's gone and you can show it there in the pics, the GL rep may find you a new handle!!
The M101A3 is an incredibly useful trailer.

storeman

Recovery 4x4, With the increased load capacity and wider track, I thought it would be a lot more flexible than a 101a2. I have the pics printed out. also had a welding shop make a hitch mount to fit my pickup to enable the pintle hitch to be raised to about 25" so trailer will ride level. can adjust height to 21-23" or lower for the m116 with the mep003a when time to pick it up. mount is similar to the mount sold by northern tool but more heavily built. Have been trying to post hitch pics but can't get attachment to work. jerry

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The other nice thing about your -A3 is the inner fender wells are 55" between them whereas the -A2 is only 45".

storeman

right Recovery 4x4. I asked that question somewhere and couldn't get an answer but figured it out. pretty cool. thanks to all for your good wishes. i do hope this goes smoothly. i'm a bit old to get into a peeing contest. don't need it and just want to bring my babies home and continue PREPPING along with my buds here in virginia.
jerry

storeman

thanks 48Chevy6.

i believe the 101 series trailers all have the smaller lunettes that should work in the combination pintle hitch. the 101a3 and the 116a2 are the biggest items i'll try to pull with my pickup. If anyone out there knows differently regarding the lunette size, please chime in.

jerry

storeman

"Hey storeman, bet I can bend your hitch too!"

AceHigh,

that was the plate i looked at from northern when i decided to have a heavier one done from some 1/2" plate i had on hand. cost me $50, a bit less than the northern rig but it is much more rigid.

i'm sure it can be damaged though. what were you towing and what happened?

jerry

LuckyDog

Storeman,
I recently won a 101A1 and ME002a. Similar situation as you, trailer in one place (Ft. Dix) and the genny in another (Mechanicsburg).

Definetly get the trailer first and double check its road worthiness. My tires looked and felt SOLID when kich tested. Found out later the air pressure was 5psi in each. Hauled the genny fine even at that pressure.

The hole ARE for mounting the MEP002a. So, basically you now have TWO trailer mounted gennies.

Enjoy and make sure you bolt the genny in.

storeman

Thanks Lucky Dog,

I am assuming 1/2" bolts will work. Do you remember the size?

I have a 12 volt compressor with me and a jack so i can check whether wheel bearings are decent. Also 12 volt bulbs, brake fluid, grease, tools, wiring adapter, etc. Figure i can get the trailer squared away tomorrow afternoon then pick up MEP on Thurs morning and be home before dark. Getting a Virginia 3 day trailer permit today. What have i MISSED?

Jerry
:smile:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The A3 tires do tend to leak down due to the 2 pc wheels. Every one I've fetched (4) had low tires. Make that 5 trailers, picked one up for Popacom.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks