• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

front axle lockers?

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just to clarify what Im doing, I have the lock-out hubs,by which I can have the front axle gearing either in or out of operation. To that I shall add detroit lockers, by which, if I am using the front axle gearing, I will have posi-traction. Add to that my plan of twin chained duallieS, and I will pass you all up on the incline !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WHATDEUCE

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi DOGHEAD, How do I find these picturs? WHATADEUCE

The orange words in my post above(post#15), is a hyperlink. Click on it and you will see the pictures.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is the pitman arm with the broken end of the pitman arm shaft in it.

That's your first weak link, should you think front duals are the way to go.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, you could add full hydraulic steering, if road legal is not an issue. Then your U-joints will probably fail next.

The best option is to keep single front wheels and use some common sense when off-roading.

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well thats cautious advise. Thank You, and I shall give that some thought. at this moment, I do believe that offroading in a somewhat controlled manner is a good beginning for me. I think I shall take it easy . WHATADEUCE

Heavysteven

Stevens truck ain't never gettin dirty! It might show up at the Georiga Rally I hope! I doubt it will ever see any mud.
This is a true statement. I don't know if I am going to the rally because of work. I am on call 24/7 as a utility contractor. Correct, no mud truck stays clean.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would recommend tire chains like these, turn your fuel up so you get about 36lb boost, put lockers and chains on all the wheels

That's way too much boost. 15 psi tops.