• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front Receiver Hitch

randini

Ok, so I have searched and cant find many pict (or not what I want) of a front receiver hitch. There are times when I think this would be handy. I have seen pintle mounted, not what I am thinking. There was a custom fab, is it possible to mount a stock receiver up front? Oh I do have a wintch.. Any Pictures of someones work?
Thanks

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Should be easy to fab....just drop down off the frame to what ever height you need.

Might be a little more difficult with a winch truck.

Since I am assuming you are not going to be pulling a trailer down the road in reverse you could even make one that would pin into the shackle mounts.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since I am assuming you are not going to be pulling a trailer down the road in reverse you could even make one that would pin into the shackle mounts.
I like that idea!:roll:

KsM715

I saw that thread last night, I believe his is bolted through the front bumper.

There is a reference to a PS article from 1972 in one of the threads but I searched with google for about 2 hours trying to find it but couldnt.

treeguy

Similar to my rear set up, very minimal alteration to the vehicle. For the front all you have to do is add a front shackle mount to the under side of your bumper. This creates four points of attachment for regidity. I am working on building both front and rear set ups for sale here.

Attachments

KsM715

Similar to my rear set up, very minimal alteration to the vehicle. For the front all you have to do is add a front shackle mount to the under side of your bumper. This creates four points of attachment for regidity. I am working on building both front and rear set ups for sale here.

Have you posted those pics on here before? If so whats the name of the thread. I want to know why I couldnt find it using the search, Im usually pretty sucessful (sp?)

jesusgatos

For something that you'd just be using to move things around a yard or whatever, think you could probably get away with just boxing-in the center-section of the front bumper and sinking a 2" receiver right into that. Would be low-profile, wouldn't get in the way of the winch, and would always be there when you need it.

Got a HMMWV pintle hitch that am planning on mounting on the front of mah deuce, but might adapt that to a 2" receiver, doing something similar to what I've described above.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Should be easy to fab....just drop down off the frame to what ever height you need.

Might be a little more difficult with a winch truck.

You might be ASSuMEing too much. :)

LOL

emr

Actually i have a front and rear on my f350 and at times at my shop actually have a trailer in front and on back and move em around easily ,also one can put a trailer with a front hitch in alot more places than a rear, that is a fact and have been doin it for alot of years... good luck , do it it works well, with my Job trailers where i live it is hilly and the job lots are tight, its been a God send many times over...

treeguy

That was my whole reason for making the front receiver, just juggling trailers around in my yard. It is soooo much easier being attached in the front, you can not only see better, but you can turn tighter and put trailers where you want.

KsM715

How do you put the link in your reply? I have not been able to figure that out.

When searching for a thread, once I find it, I go up to the browser address bar and just highlight and copy the whole thing. Then when I get back to the thread Im in all you have to do is paste the link. Simple copy and paste. SS automatically puts thread name into the address link.

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's what I did. Posted full build photos on a thread somewhere here. It bolts to the frame with two existing holes per side plus one drilled hole.

I wanted it for moving trailers around the yard, needed to be tucked up out of the way, and I wanted to be able to haul a small dirt bike in a hitch carrier.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks