• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front turn signal

treeguy

Lax, you most likely don't have to get all dirty tracking down wiring in the deuce, except to really inspect their whole length. Did you notice the little metal tags near the ends of all your wiring. On the tag will be a stamped number. That number will corespond to a numbered tag at the other end of that wire. Meaning, when you look at the back of the light control box you should be able to find that numbered wire. Now match it up to the pin on the plug that is opposite the wire and you'll see which one it is inside the control box.

APM, if you are pressing the brake and some other thing happens then you most likely have two wires that are chaffed and touching. I would guess that you have a chafe in the turn signal wire and a chafe in the brake light switch wire on the air booster. I had a similar issue a while back. I had accidently nicked some wires with a drill. Then one day when I put on the turn signal the starter would engage and disengage right in the same blinking pattern with the light! Guess which wires I nicked? Yup, the blinker wire and the starter solinoid wire. When the vibration of the truck brought them together all I had to do was turn on my blinker.

dabtl

Strike two! I took the turn signal switch apart and cleaned the contacts inside the back of the switch and still no turn signal. The contacts inside the back of the switch were not clean but they weren't that bad either. Does anyone have the schematics of the switch so I can see if the one contact for that light is actually sending power to it? I really really hope it is not a short somewhere! I do NOT want to have to trace the greasy wires under the cab and along the frame on my back. Thanks everyone.

Bingo! You have a wire with a worn portion. I think?:?:

Lax

Treeguy,
That is great advise. I did not know the little stamped taps corresponded to each other. I will try that process tomorrow. Stand by for report.

PS: Sorry for your life being messed up for the next few days with Obama there. People have no idea what a headache it is when a president comes to town. Hopefully you are not there.

treeguy

It doesn't really affect me here on the cape, but there has been an increase in gov. aircraft in the last few weeks. He's over on the Vinyard and they have all sorts of ships and usually a sub out there. I was on the Nantucket Fire Dept. years ago when Clinton came to Nan., lots of secret service. They had the fire dept. keep a special detail just for the visit.

Good luck with the wiring.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks