• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ft.Drum, NY

m816

Ft Drum ride through history

He papa bear,
Although ya'll can't get much farther north than Drum, It ain't like the rest of the north when ya get up there. Mostly regular folks and a lot of red necks to boot. ****, I'm gonna be there. Hop to see ya in Ky if ya can't make it though. Vinny

jatonka

There's a couple of surprizes up north that might be better left to some Adirondack and Green Mountain Yankees to take care of before we invite our Southern Brothers up this year. We'll keep ya posted on survivors. JT out

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
He papa bear,
Although ya'll can't get much farther north than Drum, It ain't like the rest of the north when ya get up there. Mostly regular folks and a lot of red necks to boot. ****, I'm gonna be there. Hop to see ya in Ky if ya can't make it though. Vinny

Vinny you can bet yer sweet bippy we will be at the Gathering in August...with Proud American[thumbzup] We are looking forward to seeing you and the crew again soon.

I know you are some good folks up that way, it's just a matter of distance/time/greenbacks.

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
There's a couple of surprizes up north that might be better left to some Adirondack and Green Mountain Yankees to take care of before we invite our Southern Brothers up this year. We'll keep ya posted on survivors. JT out
Ummm...I've met DH a couple of times if that's what you're worried about.:lol:rofl

connectingbar

Anyone have a extra set of troop seats and a headboard that can be brought up there. It depends on my work schedual if I can convoy with you guys on friday. Worse case I will drive my civy truck Saturday.

Just pm me if anyone has a set they would like to part with

vtdeucedriver

We had such good luck memorial day weekend with the "Patton weather prayer" that I did another one and sent it to our troops in the GMMVC club.

"Almighty and most merciful Father, we humbly beseech Thee, of Thy great goodness, to restrain these immoderate rains with which we have had to contend. Grant us fair weather for our trip to Ft. Drum NY. Graciously hearken to us as historians who call upon Thee that, armed with Thy historic vehicles, we may advance from Vermont to New York and back to preserve the memory of our fallen and those who have protected this great nation."

5tonpuller

weather

weather for the week end IS !!

Friday: A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 74. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Friday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 59.

Saturday: Partly sunny, with a high near 75.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 54.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 78.

rofl[thumbzup]:jumpin:

LanceRobson

weather for the week end IS !!

Friday: A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 74. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Friday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 59.

Saturday: Partly sunny, with a high near 75.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 54.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 78.

rofl[thumbzup]:jumpin:

You forgot to mention the sporadic lake effect snow....

Fort Drum only has three seasons; winter, black fly and the third week of August.

Lance

rlwm211

Final Ft Drum update

FORT DRUM FINAL UPDATE

The NYPENN CONVOYS will be held on Friday June 17th.
All times listed are departure times unless otherwise indicated.

The Southern A-Co convoy will begin in Binghamton at the Lowes on Upper Front Street at 0900 heading north on Rt. 12

Additional members will combine with the convoy at or near the junction of 32B and Rt. 12; 3 miles south of Norwich.
This should be at or near 1000.

This portion will continue to the rendezvous point on Rt. 12 at Adirondack Dodge in Barneveld approximately 100 miles from Binghamton. This group should arrive at around 1200; Park across the street in one of the big parking lots.

The northern Hudson Mohawk Co will depart John Tennis shop at 4114 St Rt. 10 in Ephratah at 1000 and proceed to the rendezvous point in Barneveld.

To find John’s shop you head north of the intersection of 67 and 10 in Ephratah and about ½ mile north and almost to the top of the hill you will see a Military Dump truck, a driveway to a house connected to a driveway to John’s shop.

Both portions will depart by 1230 and head for Fort Drum. Arrival is expected at or near 1500.

The gate to enter is directly across from the entrance to Wheeler-Sack airfield and is on Coyler Drive. This accesses the Reserve Center. There will be banners on the fence identifying the entrance.

Camping areas will be grass.

There is water, as well as restrooms and showers nearby.

The camping area is across the road from the reserve center so it is unlikely we will have power available.

We will be allowed to access the chow hall on base while we are there.
Information will be provided when we arrive.

The 'trail ride' touring the lost villages and also the training areas will begin at 1700 Saturday afternoon ONLY...

Fort Drum event 2011 Base Radio Coordinator approved radio frequencies to use with PRC 25 and 77 radios and others.

(Yes you can legally use your military radios this weekend.)

34.700 37.425 34.800 47.000

This will take at least 90 minutes and likely 2 hours. A safety briefing will be held before the ride.

We need volunteers to provide transport for CAP cadets for the trail ride.
These Cadets are providing support for the event The number we need to accommodate is unknown at this time.

The event ends at 1700 Sunday and all visitors must be off the grounds and base by 2000 Sunday evening.

If you did not send in your registration, you can register at the entrance. Be prepared to provide necessary documentaton to those who will register you at that time.

Vehicle Registration if applicable, Insurance, and photo ID Driver's license as well as the registration form if you have it filled out already.

All Historic MVs/participants will be required to present the same materials as well.

Dogs are allowed with proper vaccination records, and license and they must be leashed at all times. Also, please pick up any droppings your dog makes.

This is going to be a great event so plan on being there to support the troops, the base and the tradition of the 10th Mountain Division.

Event website

2011 Ride through History | Facebook

Contact me if you need anything prior to the event.

NYPENNNEWS@frontier.com

vtdeucedriver

Also got a group leaving from VT on friday.

Rally point is at the Shell Truck stop in Swanton VT off I-89 exit 20. Kick out is 1000 hrs and we will be headed westbound on US-11. Anyone wanting to join in, give a shout at
vtdeucedriver@yahoo.com

jatonka

Just got word that Scott's 5 ton is heading up from NJ, running with Sr Jeeper, wow what a turnout!!!!! Got Aces & Eights all ready today, still figuring for a bed cover, not easy. JT