• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ft.Drum, NY

GamaGoatGirl

and a few more....

The gun truck The Untouchable did not have its front driveshaft installed. It didn't do so well on a turn around in the sand. JT backed up to it and gave it a slow easy tug(lots of wheel hop) back onto hard ground.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The second pic above is some of the Air Force troops that were training out in the sand. We drove into their location and interrupted their training! They enjoyed seeing the historic vehicles. Once they were totally disrupted by us, they were interested in a ride in the Gama Goat. I happily took them( 3 or 4 loads ) for a short ride around the area in the sand. It sounded like they were on a roller coaster ride back there(yeah, I could hear them over the screaming DD). That was fun.

Last edited:

Asgar

... and a good time was had by all.
I had a good time meeting you all, thanks for the kindness.
Made it home ok, time for a pump, it hardly ran by the time I got home, kept it at 53 the whole way with just one fuel stop.

5tonpuller

WOW I had a BLAST !!:beer:
Of course there was all that eye candy on base:drool:

AND OF COURSE TO THE BEST ORGANIZER RLWM211 WHO got all this put together. The contacts, logistics, and the info just to get there. JT helped. ( shameless plug ) Hi John.:|

Informed the others I hope
RLWM211 does it again next year. I can hear it now, SS takes drum by storm !! Great job.

The best part for me was now I can put more faces to the nick names here on the sight. Get to meet them all personal. Great story's and info about the trucks that we all love.
Matt

Last edited:

rickf

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like a fantastic time. The one thing I see, I was always told to remove my hat, cover, helmet when in a cemetery as a sign of respect. Still do and always will.

Rick

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rick, That is interesting. I have never heard of that but I can see why it would be considered respectful(and rightfully proper in a cemetery). I'll be looking in to that more.

Srjeeper

What a BLAST!!!!!!!!!!

As was already stated, a great time was had by all. Good to hear there will be a 'next year' for this event.

I got home about 1830 and FormerNewMVGuy was parked at his place by 2000. The trip home was uneventful for us as well.

Ft.Drum treated us like KINGS with round the clock showers, restrooms, free ice, guided tours and no hassels.

I'd like to offer up my thanks also to 10th Mtn. Division, The Ft.Drum Museum, NY-Penn, GreenMtn, Comvec, MTA and all the reenactors that put forth so much effort to make this all happen in a short amount of time.

Last but not least, all the SS friends new & old that showed up to show off their stuff, hang out, share some laughs or try out the 'Lazy Boy'.

See ya's there in 2012..:beer:

Last edited:

vtdeucedriver

Rolled in the door finally!!!! Been one **** of a weekend!!! Got lots of pics to post. dhwife, I think your the only SS member that I did not get to meet, maybe thats why you did not take a pic of my truck:(

GamaGoatGirl

Here is one of the pictures at the cemetery that my friend used Photoshop on to remove the CAP group and my nephew in the background. I thought it was kind of neat how it changed the feel of the photo!

Attachments

Last edited:

FormerNewMVGuy

I had a great time, and had alot of fun hanging out with everybody.
I will say though, my butt didnt want anymore seat time after that 638 mile round trip:D

rickf

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rick, That is interesting. I have never heard of that but I can see why it would be considered respectful(and rightfully proper in a cemetery). I'll be looking in to that more.
Doghead, I did a little searching and found this.
Cemetery Etiquette - IACP, Inc.

It makes no mention of hats so maybe I was told wrong................

I will still remove my hat. Just who I am.

Rick

GamaGoatGirl

Check out these cool pictures my friend took of our goat at the show on Saturday!
Goats | sjt

He said he took pictures of the other vehicles that were there on Saturday and will work on them as well.

Last edited: