• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel filter bleeder valve

recon

I just finished changing fuel filters on my Deuce and all went well, no leaks. However, as I tightened the bleeder valve the head snapped off. Any place to get the valve or is it a standard valve I can get at NAPA??
Recon

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is just a standard petcock. You can put a pipe plug in it if you can't find the petcock.

nf6x

Feral Engineer
I did the same thing once (doh!), and got a replacement from Memphis Equipment. If I ever do it again, though, I'll probably use some other random petcock with a stronger stem.

Somemedic

I prefer to keep petcocks Im somewhat familiar with in my equipment. My momma taught me to stay away from any old random petcocks with strong stems. :mrgreen:

50shooter

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. About 5 hours ago I snapped the bleeder off. Wasn't even close to tight. I'm a long way from everything so I think a bolt or pipe plug is in order. Anyone know the thread size?

My (new to me) truck quit on me. The fuel looked like bad chocolate milk. I drained and cleaned the tank and put 3 new filters. I only was able to bleed 2 injectors prior to battery issues. I'll try again tomorrow.