• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel filter bleeder valve

recon

I just finished changing fuel filters on my Deuce and all went well, no leaks. However, as I tightened the bleeder valve the head snapped off. Any place to get the valve or is it a standard valve I can get at NAPA??
Recon

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is just a standard petcock. You can put a pipe plug in it if you can't find the petcock.

nf6x

Feral Engineer
I did the same thing once (doh!), and got a replacement from Memphis Equipment. If I ever do it again, though, I'll probably use some other random petcock with a stronger stem.

Somemedic

I prefer to keep petcocks Im somewhat familiar with in my equipment. My momma taught me to stay away from any old random petcocks with strong stems. :mrgreen:

50shooter

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. About 5 hours ago I snapped the bleeder off. Wasn't even close to tight. I'm a long way from everything so I think a bolt or pipe plug is in order. Anyone know the thread size?

My (new to me) truck quit on me. The fuel looked like bad chocolate milk. I drained and cleaned the tank and put 3 new filters. I only was able to bleed 2 injectors prior to battery issues. I'll try again tomorrow.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks