• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel filters

Bill W

Moallen
First off the stock filter system is more than adequate to filter fuel though I myself will change out the (small) primary cartridge filter to a 12micron spinon Wix filter just for ease of changing and larger surface filtration.
I assume your primary filter will be a 30 micron and then the 2micron for the secondary/final filtration. The Racor Turbine series will filter out "FREE" water but will not do much with emulsified water ( water in suspension from additives ). The spinon series are excellent filter to but not as good at getting out the water like the turbines, I would opt for a water alarm also ( mounted on the primary ). I believe its the 400 series spinon with the larger filter will more than handle the flow rate of the multi-fuel. The stock secondary system on the deuce should be around 12- 15 micron so you might consider going with just a 10 micron racor filter (T) on your secondary filter instead of the 2 micron (S) and get longer filter life. The deuce intank pump puts out around 7psi the Racor spinons can handle around 14-20+ psi so your more then covered there. Probably more info then you need/wanted but after 26 years in the marine fuel cleaning business I tend to babble :cookoo: ( to much diesel fumes)

MoAllen

Bill,
Thanks, I know who to ask my filter questions now. I just like to make things simple. It is hard for me to reach some of the filters on the deuce.
Thanks Again
Allen

THEROAD

What Bill W said. You need at least two filters a primary and a secondary. Primary at 30 microns and the secondary at 2 microns. My boat has Racor 900 series as primary for Cat 3208's. May be over kill for a deuce; but these would do a fantastic job. I would look for some used filter systems from marine applications. Who knows maybe you can find some racors cheap. Iam looking myself.