• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel filters

Bill W

Moallen
First off the stock filter system is more than adequate to filter fuel though I myself will change out the (small) primary cartridge filter to a 12micron spinon Wix filter just for ease of changing and larger surface filtration.
I assume your primary filter will be a 30 micron and then the 2micron for the secondary/final filtration. The Racor Turbine series will filter out "FREE" water but will not do much with emulsified water ( water in suspension from additives ). The spinon series are excellent filter to but not as good at getting out the water like the turbines, I would opt for a water alarm also ( mounted on the primary ). I believe its the 400 series spinon with the larger filter will more than handle the flow rate of the multi-fuel. The stock secondary system on the deuce should be around 12- 15 micron so you might consider going with just a 10 micron racor filter (T) on your secondary filter instead of the 2 micron (S) and get longer filter life. The deuce intank pump puts out around 7psi the Racor spinons can handle around 14-20+ psi so your more then covered there. Probably more info then you need/wanted but after 26 years in the marine fuel cleaning business I tend to babble :cookoo: ( to much diesel fumes)

MoAllen

Bill,
Thanks, I know who to ask my filter questions now. I just like to make things simple. It is hard for me to reach some of the filters on the deuce.
Thanks Again
Allen

THEROAD

What Bill W said. You need at least two filters a primary and a secondary. Primary at 30 microns and the secondary at 2 microns. My boat has Racor 900 series as primary for Cat 3208's. May be over kill for a deuce; but these would do a fantastic job. I would look for some used filter systems from marine applications. Who knows maybe you can find some racors cheap. Iam looking myself.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks