• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel filters

Maverick1701

several of the sponsors have kits w/all filters and gaskets for around $60 IIRC
eriks military surplus
OD iron
etc.

There is also a napa/autozone etc cross refernece list posted in the resources section if you decide to buy from a local dealer.

Chevyman_15237

Give Napa a shot... primary fuel filter (part number 3511) runs $7.71 and the secondaries are (part number 3512) $9.29 a piece. Might be cheaper to buy them there, save on shipping. Napa filters are made by wix... from what I heard Wix had the gov't contract for filters... that could be heresay, but the napa ones work for me!

gunner_bear

napa filter

is there anything that has to be done special to use the napa filters? any different gaskets? just remove current filter and replace with the napa?

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just replaced mine w/ locals from Car Quest.
the primary was #86511, and the secondary & final were #86512.
one of the gaskets in the primary worked, for the seconds I needed to order 2x gasket #90070.

I think these NAPA #'s are good;
Prime - #3511
Sec - #3512
gaskets for seconds, - #5070

Last edited:

jatonka

Napa gasket for OEM primary is #5131
Napa Gasket for the secondaries is #5070
There is no perfect primary available at any car parts place, military primary is different. The 3511 will work, turn the brass cup upside down and it will fairly well seal.... or find someone selling NSN 2910-00-790-2300, then you will have the correct mil spec primary element. JT out

Last edited:

Jimma

I got some at NAPA. I did find that at each napa I called to see if they were in stock only had one of the secondary filters on hand. So I would call first and they can usually get more in one day. Also every napa store I called quoted a different price.

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Brass cup

Napa gasket for OEM primary is #5131
Napa Gasket for the secondaries is #5070
There is no perfect primary available at any car parts place, military primary is different. The 3511 will work, turn the brass cup upside down and it will fairly well seal.... or find someone selling NSN 2910-00-790-2300, then you will have the correct mil spec primary element. JT out
Which way is the right way up? When I put in the second & final I had to have the cup domed up, On the primary it fit w/ the cup domed down.