• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Injector Cleaner

markg

Toss a couple quarts of new ATF every few tanks.
my diesel injection man told me when changing my fuel filter to fill it with atf. ive been doing this, no smoke on start up and the truck runs smooth. thanks. mark

thtrev2001

Steel Soldiers Supporter
injector cleaner

Has anyone tried BG 244, I have used BG products for a while in my civilian vehicles with great results, we just picked up an '83 M1009, was thinking about using the BG injector cleaner, never had a diesel before though, any thoughts?

markg

Has anyone tried BG 244, I have used BG products for a while in my civilian vehicles with great results, we just picked up an '83 M1009, was thinking about using the BG injector cleaner, never had a diesel before though, any thoughts?
i think bg makes a product for diesel. i know they are good stuff. your blazer is an 84. 8th digit of the vin is an "E" makes it an 84.

rod

My M1009 is an an '84 model but the data plate on the door post says it was made in 10/83.

Just like now when the 2011 vehicles came out. They dodn't 1st appear in Janruary 2011, they started coming out late summer or early fall in 2010.

markg

All the paperwork on the M1009 says it's an '83, answer me this O mysterious one, what are tomorrows winning lottery numbers
vehicles are titled by vin . 10th digit of the vin is the year model. e is 84, f is 85. g is 86. there were no 83 military 1009's. since you live in texas you can make a correction of the form 97 you got from the government on the 130u, app for certificate of title. ive done it many times. thanks. mark

Last edited:

erniemigi

I've used Power Service and Seafoam, my father in law is an over the road truck driver and he told me that he has been using this stuff for years. so i've tried it and it does seem to have cured alot of problems i was having:driver:

thtrev2001

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Markg for the advice on the title. I (and a few scouts) changed the oil and filter today. We used BGs 109 oil flush, the 244 fuel additive and the oil additive. It runs like a new truck. I was very surprised and the difference. It ran way smoother, started up faster and really seemed to have a lot more power and quicker throttle response. I've used BG products before on my personal vehicles, but the difference in that old 6.2 was amazing. Would post some pics but because of BSA and local rules, cant post any pics of the boys under 18. We also pulled the torn up floor mat, removed the seats and cleaned the inside. We are planning to use herculiner on the floor but it was way too wet today to apply.

Josh

On a side note, what do you guys like to use to measure out your fuel additives?

Eye ball it. Most of the times there is a scale on the back of oz of additive to gallons of fuel. Most bottles have a clear strip and a scale on the side that show how many ounces are remaining in the bottle.