• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Injector Cleaner

QuickSilver

Eye ball it. Most of the times there is a scale on the back of oz of additive to gallons of fuel. Most bottles have a clear strip and a scale on the side that show how many ounces are remaining in the bottle.
Ya, that's how I've been doing it, but on something the size of a jug of Power Service it's hard to be very precise when you need one ounce to every three gallons. I'll come up with something. :?

erniemigi

The M1009s are the only one in the m1000 series to have a 27 gallon gas tank, the rest all have a 20 gallon, so for the M1009 it would be 9 ounces for 27 gallons, and 7 for the 20 gallons, or just a fuzz over 1 cup or fuzz under 1 cup depending on the size of gas tank

donalloy1

I have been using the Stanadyne Fuel Performance additive. Mostly because friend says way to go and I gather Stanadyne is manufacturer of ip. Does not seam to be helping me much. Will probably slow down frequency and go to ATF. I only get about 14-15mpg around town. About half highway and half city. Thought I would do better than that. Going to cross check odometer this week with gps.:confused:

jdemaris

What kind of injector cleaner do you guys think works best in our engines?
I don't believe any cleaner does a thing for the type of injector nozzles used in the 6.2s. They are pintle-type nozzles, i.e. no small mulitple nozzle holes to plug.

I've had many apart and have yet to ever find one that was suffering from anything but metal-parts wear. No cleaning fixes that.

Considering they often last 200K miles, and brand new nozzles only cost around $5 each, not much to worry about.

I use two-stroke-oil as a lube additive but that is jsut to help all close fitting metal parts last a little longer. Nothing to do wtih cleaning.

ssgtcampbell77

Staff Sergeant
I don't believe any cleaner does a thing for the type of injector nozzles used in the 6.2s. They are pintle-type nozzles, i.e. no small mulitple nozzle holes to plug.

I've had many apart and have yet to ever find one that was suffering from anything but metal-parts wear. No cleaning fixes that.

Considering they often last 200K miles, and brand new nozzles only cost around $5 each, not much to worry about.

I use two-stroke-oil as a lube additive but that is jsut to help all close fitting metal parts last a little longer. Nothing to do wtih cleaning.
Where are you finding injectors for $5??? I havent found any for under $70.

thtrev2001

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You learn something new everyday. After putting the BG fuel additive in the tank, our 6.2 ran alot smoother, not sure why but it did

mtn man

Dieselclean- white bottle in winter and gray in the warmer months here in NC. Haven't had any issues on 2 CUCV's doing about 10k a year. As for measuring I was using the lid from a old clothes detergent bottle... I think it was 4oz. after awhile I got a feel for it and would just add by 'eyeball' when I topped off the tank. Get 16-18 on the trucks.

mr.travo

I use the 'ol "Guess-ta-mate" system for measuring. Has never let me down. I am a die hard Power Service guy, but am thinking about switching over to ATF for a few months to see if that's any better. Whats the ratio of ATF per gallon and what's the best/cheapest ATF to buy?

Josh

If ya need 16 ounces of something, A snapple bottle works great. Thats what we used to put 2stroke oil into our boat. I dont know if the cucvs have check valves like gassers, but if they dont, it should work great.

ssgtcampbell77

Staff Sergeant
ATF ratio

I use the 'ol "Guess-ta-mate" system for measuring. Has never let me down. I am a die hard Power Service guy, but am thinking about switching over to ATF for a few months to see if that's any better. Whats the ratio of ATF per gallon and what's the best/cheapest ATF to buy?
I usually run a quart of ATF per tank of fuel about every four or five fill ups.

Milkman357

My project

Last summer I was running a 50% blend of ATF(used) and Diesel... it was too much. Clogged up the Fuel nozzles.. It ran pretty good on the stuff until nozzle problems developed. I had a spare HUMMVE engine in a can, so I swapped fuel nozzles...

This year my plan is not to ex-cede 20%... and use the Power Service in a Gray bottle..

Like others have done with other diesels... if you had two fuel tanks that would be the best system. Start on Diesel... switch over to Waste Oil.. then before shut down run on diesel again to flush the systems...

I'm not Hi Jacking here.. just saying.. I've heard good things about the Power Service.... and ATF will cause issues at 40 - 50% mix.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks