• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel leak at throttle shaft..... seal kit?

kwhopper

pump is mechanically fine, but leaking fuel at throttle shaft. saw a post in here about this issue but no info on where to find just the seals to fix it... any info ?

Last edited:

Matt65

pump is mechanically fine, but leaking fuel at throttle shaft. saw a post in here about this issue but no info on where to find just the seals to fix it... any info ?
Sounds like mine! Until the leak gets worse, I'm not touching it. The truck runs great and the mpg is still there.

TCUCV

I'm in the same boat, have a leak that looks to be coming down the to the fuel pump. Can't figure out where its leaking from but truck still runs good with mpg's around 16-17

Barrman

I called a Stanadyne repair place near me about mine which seeps fuel every so often. He asked me if it still started right up in the mornings? When I told him it did, he said to leave it alone until it flows out or won't start up in the mornings. His '89 6.2 seeps as well and he said 5 years have gone by on it and it hasn't gotten worse.

He did mention that the best fix is a pump rebuild because the seals and parts inside are just as old as the going bad o ring on the shaft.

Sarge29

I just pulled the intake off and replaced the O-ring on the shaft and that took care of the leak. The truck runs and preforms great. I will worry about a pump rebuild when the pump fails.2cents

kwhopper

i have searched the internet a little and havent found any suppliers that sell JUST the o rings ....... im feelin the same as every one else, let it leak.... when it 86's ill fix it

Sarge29

I used the o-ring kit that was in my 1031 to repair the leak. The o-rings are just standard type. It took me a little over 1/2 day to pull everything off and replace the o-ring. You will have to pull the top of the injector pump to do this. You can start the engine with the intake off to check your work. I do not recommend that. I cleaned everything good and set the intake gaskets and intake in place with 2 bolts per side just for safety. Everything went well for me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks