• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel leak at throttle shaft..... seal kit?

kwhopper

pump is mechanically fine, but leaking fuel at throttle shaft. saw a post in here about this issue but no info on where to find just the seals to fix it... any info ?

Last edited:

Matt65

pump is mechanically fine, but leaking fuel at throttle shaft. saw a post in here about this issue but no info on where to find just the seals to fix it... any info ?
Sounds like mine! Until the leak gets worse, I'm not touching it. The truck runs great and the mpg is still there.

TCUCV

I'm in the same boat, have a leak that looks to be coming down the to the fuel pump. Can't figure out where its leaking from but truck still runs good with mpg's around 16-17

Barrman

I called a Stanadyne repair place near me about mine which seeps fuel every so often. He asked me if it still started right up in the mornings? When I told him it did, he said to leave it alone until it flows out or won't start up in the mornings. His '89 6.2 seeps as well and he said 5 years have gone by on it and it hasn't gotten worse.

He did mention that the best fix is a pump rebuild because the seals and parts inside are just as old as the going bad o ring on the shaft.

Sarge29

I just pulled the intake off and replaced the O-ring on the shaft and that took care of the leak. The truck runs and preforms great. I will worry about a pump rebuild when the pump fails.2cents

kwhopper

i have searched the internet a little and havent found any suppliers that sell JUST the o rings ....... im feelin the same as every one else, let it leak.... when it 86's ill fix it

Sarge29

I used the o-ring kit that was in my 1031 to repair the leak. The o-rings are just standard type. It took me a little over 1/2 day to pull everything off and replace the o-ring. You will have to pull the top of the injector pump to do this. You can start the engine with the intake off to check your work. I do not recommend that. I cleaned everything good and set the intake gaskets and intake in place with 2 bolts per side just for safety. Everything went well for me.