• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Leak

91W350

We had a plastic return line wear through and was blowing fuel on the turbo housing. The huge cloud of white smoke rolling out from under the truck and all the gaps in the hood had me pretty nervous. I was glad to see it quit smoking. I am fairly certain it was a spark away from being very exciting. We also had leaks on the small lines between the injectors. We replaced all of the plastic lines under the hood. Hopefully the next time the Captain makes a landfill run, he will not have to have somebody come and get him again. He complains non-stop about that deuce, but I have noticed that nobody else except the complainer and the mechanics have been driving it. :beer: Glen

I just found a leak at the fitting comming off the primary filter, a decent drip that makes a small puddle after 5 or so minutes. Also it seems the rubber hose at the IP is leaking as well. Has anyone thought of just leaving about 1 inch of copper hose off the primary and making the rest up to the IP rubber hydraulic hose, then tucking it up out of the way of anything under the truck to avoid it being ripped out?
Also, anyone have the NSN or PN of that copper line from the primary to the IP?

panshark

post #4 might be the best/cheapest/quickest way to get yer fix done, Dragon. Just take your time, and thoroughly inspect after installation.

"no, we don't want to see your dragon"

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks