• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Leaking From Fuel Filter Drain Hose CUCV M1009

jplace1011

I noticed the outside of the drain hose is wet. It’s the hose that is located at the bottom of the Fuel Filter. Nothing seems to be loose, I checked. I still have the stock filter installed.

Any ideas what might cause it to leak?

I’m thinking it could be these seals that go with the valves. Part no 5 on the charts, called Performed Packing. I can’t seem to find them anywhere.

Thank you in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jplace1011

Can you see down in there? I bet an O-ring would work, finding the right one might be a challenge.
@nyoffroad I can’t see much of anything, I suspect I’d have to take the filter out. I’m thinking the o-ring/seal on the bottom is going bad. I haven’t found it anywhere.

Last edited:

87cr250r

I believe the o-ring is on the drain fittings. You'll have to unscrew it completely. The o-rings is available but you'll have to measure it. Mine hasn't started leaking yet but I plan to replace it when it does.

Valor

I noticed the outside of the drain hose is wet. It’s the hose that is located at the bottom of the Fuel Filter. Nothing seems to be loose, I checked. I still have the stock filter installed.

I’m thinking it could be these seals that go with the valves. Part no 5 on the charts, called Performed Packing. I can’t seem to find them anywhere.

Thank you in advance!

Try a Chevy or GMC dealer with this number: 15535678. I bought one from local dealer back in 2013. Don't know if the number is any good now though. Good luck.

Thank you in advance!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks