• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Leaking From Fuel Filter Drain Hose CUCV M1009

jplace1011

I noticed the outside of the drain hose is wet. It’s the hose that is located at the bottom of the Fuel Filter. Nothing seems to be loose, I checked. I still have the stock filter installed.

Any ideas what might cause it to leak?

I’m thinking it could be these seals that go with the valves. Part no 5 on the charts, called Performed Packing. I can’t seem to find them anywhere.

Thank you in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jplace1011

Can you see down in there? I bet an O-ring would work, finding the right one might be a challenge.
@nyoffroad I can’t see much of anything, I suspect I’d have to take the filter out. I’m thinking the o-ring/seal on the bottom is going bad. I haven’t found it anywhere.

Last edited:

87cr250r

I believe the o-ring is on the drain fittings. You'll have to unscrew it completely. The o-rings is available but you'll have to measure it. Mine hasn't started leaking yet but I plan to replace it when it does.

Valor

I noticed the outside of the drain hose is wet. It’s the hose that is located at the bottom of the Fuel Filter. Nothing seems to be loose, I checked. I still have the stock filter installed.

I’m thinking it could be these seals that go with the valves. Part no 5 on the charts, called Performed Packing. I can’t seem to find them anywhere.

Thank you in advance!

Try a Chevy or GMC dealer with this number: 15535678. I bought one from local dealer back in 2013. Don't know if the number is any good now though. Good luck.

Thank you in advance!