• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel level sensor

319cssb

I know the sender is faulty. it shows open when it should have a resistance. I just wanted to know if someone had opened one up, yet.

Alternatively: Does someone have a replacement>

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
why not the right part? looks right to me. I am going to try to repair mine but the fuel tank is full and apparently the tank most be moved to get it out.
Tom

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
well then apparently i better go tell one of my trucks that. It works. Tectran also makes a replacement one that just need connections changed out # 95-3120

Last edited:

319cssb

why not the right part? looks right to me. I am going to try to repair mine but the fuel tank is full and apparently the tank most be moved to get it out.
Tom
I could imagine that the sender units pipe is too long to just pull up and out.
the sending unit in the link has a different top. Plus i dont want to modify the wiring. I like plug and play

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know the sender is faulty. it shows open when it should have a resistance. I just wanted to know if someone had opened one up, yet.

Alternatively: Does someone have a replacement>
I bought a spare OEM one from Suprman. Maybe he still has one.

319cssb

Yes , she's an lmtv. I wonder how they fail. I mean the construction seems simple. Unless the tube would leak or the donut brrak and fall off. I dont see how it would break.

aleigh

The "problem" that day is, you know how it kind of bounces around between 1/8th positions, well it was bouncing between E and 1/8th or whatever and I lost track of how long it was doing that. So then it just said E and turned off... of course if you fill it at 1/8th you're leaving a lot in the pot. So now I just try to carry a jerry can around or two. I'd like to weld up some brackets or something to get them under the bed, unimog style. Fuel totalizer wouldn't hurt my feelings either.