• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel milage w 465-1d M35A2 W/W

joec

I am averaging about 9 .3 miles per gallon most of 50 mile round trips and 2 trips over 150 round. I just filled before i got it with about 6 inches in it. Tank was real clean. Put DEISEL fuel conditioner and cetane boost. Drained the tank and flushed it any way. It was real clean. put 5 gallons in then went and filled it up. It drank a gallon there wich is 9 miles away took 46.1 gallons +4 gallons in it. 495 miles divided bye 50.1 is 9.29 miles per gallon. That doesn't seem bad for a 13,000lb truck.. 8) .. guess i'll have to get hubs next!!
Free up some more mpg on it!!

How is everyone else doing with there's.

I know the M543A2 /Multifuel should be 4.5 mpg or so.

DanMartin

I'm getting about the same in my deuce...this is with an LDS-465-A motor (5-ton). The motor is fresh (some 500 miles on it) and the truck is still running stock 9.00x20 NDCC tires.

I wonder what the milage will be when I get the 14.50s mounted...

vtdeucedriver

My A2C with a D turbo was getting 10 and that was with stock hubs. I dont remember what my non-turbos where getting. I do know that the tractor is getting 5.

Jake0147

I'm impressed with mine, dragging ten borderline matched, old, non-power divided tires down the road it gets the same MPG as the brand new stuff at work which weighs approximately the same, has (slightly) better aerodynamics, only six tires on the road, and no drag from the lack of a power divider. Go figure.

jatonka

I have gotten 10.25 mpg on a 363 mile trip to Aberdeen with my M109A3 shop van loaded heavy, with lockout hubs installed. I was real happy with that kind of mileage. It has the 1D engine in it and it had 12,000 miles at the time. It's the truck I'm driving to Oregon this August. I have lockout hubs available, you can PM me if you want. JT out

joec

Re: RE: Fuel milage w 465-1d M35A2 W/W

tjcouch said:
I, uh, don't know what mine gets . . . . and it is probably best that way. :wink:
lol..yeah i here that. Pretty bad the deuce gets better milage then my buds new 08 powerstroke..lol

Michael

RE: Re: RE: Fuel milage w 465-1d M35A2 W/W

Are the new powerstrokes really doing that bad? The previous ones were getting close to 20 with a chip in them. I would hate to know a deuce got better mileage than my new pickup. :)

joec

Lol. Yes i have a 03 first year with 6.0. And my deuce gets 9.3 his get 8.9 around town. He's not a happy customer right now. He had a 6.0 but iw ant a new one. it was paid for. Didn't want to listen. Itold him don't get one. The millage sucks. He wanted he got it allright..lol

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Years ago, I ran an M211 all over this country. I had converted it to a 5 speed manual transmission. I could disenguage the front axel. I made up a splineless set of front hubs that I could bolt on, for long trips. On or off, I could never measure a difference in the milage.

Lee in Alaska

Tx75Pinz

I have an 02 F-250 with a 7.3 and a chip and can pull 20 on the hwy if I'm not pulling a trailer. I just got an '08 F 250, gasser that gets right at 15 on the hwy. My 4 banger '75 Pinz, gasser, with or without a load, on hwy or off, gets 14.

I could live with 10 or 12 mpg in a duece if I can use the truck to work.

DanMartin

I have an 06 F350 dually crew-cab (6.0 PSD) with the tow-boss gears (4.30:1) and stock 245/75-17 tires. I get about 16.5mpg at 65, and over 18 at 55mph (about 12 in town). Gets about 9.5 mpg towing my 30 foot toy hauler loaded (about 12K). Never had a lick of trouble with it.

FormerNewMVGuy

I have a 99 F350 daully 7.3 with an aluminum flat bed gooseneck body , Its chipped ,4 in exhuast ,afe air intake and filter,banks big head wastegate accuater. 15 mpg tops,pulling my gooseneck loaded,11mpg. I have a dodge dually pickup with 5.9cummins runnin empty i get 19mpg,loaded trailer i get 13 mpg. With the deuce runnin around empty i get 9-10 mpg!
My wife drives a honda civic hybrid it averages 44.2 mpg, LOL

Blythewoodjoe

My Bobbed deuce got around 10 MPG on the road trip to the Georgia rally last year with 14.5's all around. That was wide open too. A little over 60 every time I had open road.

My 04' F-350 with the 6.0 gets, well I don't know. It's not bad but the truck is a piece of junk. Nothing but trouble from the 6.0. I won't get started but I will never drive it farther than I can afford to have it towed. I don't plan to ever drive it out of the state again. I will be driving the deuce to Aberdeen though.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How fast are yall driving your M35's? I notice a big difference in fuel consumption between 45MPH and 55MPH.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
Re: RE: Fuel milage w 465-1d M35A2 W/W

joec said:
Good point..? 42" compared to 47-52" depending on manufacture..!!
9:00's are 19.25 and 14.5"s are 20.5 don't use diameter for mileage or speed calculations, use radius.

i just went to philadelphia and back monday and got 12 at 65 mph

joec

Re: RE: Re: RE: Fuel milage w 465-1d M35A2 W/W

Blythewoodjoe said:
My Bobbed deuce got around 10 MPG on the road trip to the Georgia rally last year with 14.5's all around. That was wide open too. A little over 60 every time I had open road.

My 04' F-350 with the 6.0 gets, well I don't know. It's not bad but the truck is a piece of junk. Nothing but trouble from the 6.0. I won't get started but I will never drive it farther than I can afford to have it towed. I don't plan to ever drive it out of the state again. I will be driving the deuce to Aberdeen though.
I have no problems with my 6.0 been to florida twice and tennessee about a dozen times.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks